Navigating the process of accepting a Provincial Nomination | Canada Immigration Tips
Accepting a Provincial Nomination is critical if you want to be considered for Express Entry category-based selection.
To accelerate immigration processing based on provincial requirements, the majority of Canadian provinces have established Provincial Nominee Programs. PNP has proven to be a prominent immigrant program, with plans to accept at least 117,500 new immigrants per year by the end of 2025. The majority of PNP admissions will include express-entry candidates.
Draws for Express Entry based on Category
Canada started the Express Entry category-based selection drawings this year. However, for many years, Express Entry used CRS scores to choose people applying for economic-class programs. The Federal Skilled Trades Program, Canadian Experience Class, and FSWP are among these programs.
Express Entry’s newly created category draws began choosing individuals with work experience in specified fields and French language skills. The Comprehensive Ranking System scores took a back seat. The Canadian government implemented this new approach to combat labor shortages in key areas and to sustain the French community.
The following are the new Express Entry categories introduced by the Canadian government:
- Excellent proficiency in French language skills
- STEM professions
- Trades including Carpenters, Contractors, and Plumbers
- Agriculture and Agri-Food
What are the new Express Entry categories for?
Previously, Express Entry draws selected people based on their abilities or semi-skills. However, the current new Express Entry screening procedure prioritizes candidates with specific occupation work experience. The new Express Entry categories are intended to address the country’s current workforce shortages.
Most Canadian firms confront a labor shortage due to a lack of qualified workers in the sectors. This is also due to the fact that becoming a Canadian professional necessitates the acquisition of relevant skills, which takes time. On the other hand, there is a growing demand for such workers. Express Entry subcategories assist qualified workers in entering the labor market pool.
Finally, the number of young people traveling to different areas to integrate into English-speaking groups has increased. Canada, on the other hand, believes in preserving its Francophone culture through the French-speaking category.
Navigating a Provincial Nomination Program’s Work Process
The Provincial Nominee Program under Canadian immigration offers two main choices for persons seeking permanent residence. These are their names:
- Applying to a province or territory directly;
- the other process is tied to Express Entry.
Direct application to the province or territory
You must submit a paper application through mail or courier for this direct application method. This method may also be time-consuming, as it may take up to 15 to 19 months to determine whether your application was successful or not. This is referred to as the “Base Nomination” process.
Process that is compatible with Express Entry
The Express Entry aligned path is divided into two sections:
- Using the Provincial Nominee Express Entry Stream to Apply: Every province in Canada has an Express Entry program and an official list of in-demand vocations. It offers substantially faster processing (six to eight months on average). It also increases your chances of acquiring an ITA.
- Express Entry Expression of Interest: After building an Express Entry profile, send an expression of interest to specified provinces or territories. The province will thereafter be able to accept your profile directly from the Express Entry pool. You will also receive a provincial nomination. You must, however, guarantee that you meet their skill and experience requirements. Enhanced Nominations are nominations provided to applicants in the Express Entry pool. They increased the CRS by 600 points.
Similarity between Express Entry new categories and PNP
PNP streams are analogous to Express Entry category-based draws. Consider British Columbia, which provides nominations to candidates every week. Candidates in healthcare professions are eligible, and the province also runs draws for individuals in technology occupations. Some Canadian provinces also have specific streams, which often favor candidates with employment experience. They also target people in high-demand occupations in the provincial labor force.
Navigating the Acceptance of a Provincial Nomination if you are eligible for category-based selection
A PNP nomination is advantageous even if you are in the Express Entry pool and work in one of the newly established categories.
According to IRCC, it has no intention of discontinuing all-program or program-specific draws for the following:
- The Federal Skilled Worker Program;
- The Canadian Experience Class;
- The FSTP; and
- PNP candidates with Express Entry profiles
The Category draws have largely seen candidates receive invitations through the all-program draws. In an all-program draw, the CRS score characteristic is the determining factor. As a result, the candidate’s overall CRS score must be greater.
The CRS score is still significant when discussing Category-based selection drawings. However, it may be lower than the CRS score of an all-program draw. Despite this, the candidate’s ability to outperform the minimum CRS score is advantageous.
Navigating the Process of Refusing a Provincial Nomination
The preceding information focuses on the benefits of accepting a provincial nomination. However, there may be a few drawbacks, and declining a provincial nomination may be the best option. The following scenarios may force you to decline a provincial nomination:
- Most candidates with a better CRS score may decline a provincial nomination. The Express Entry and PNP processes differ even if a candidate has gotten an Enhanced Nomination.
- If a candidate receives an invitation to apply through a mechanism other than PNP Express Entry, they must pay a single application cost. They will also only need to submit one PR application.
- Because you must wait for the application’s outcome, enhanced nominations lengthen your immigration time. This is due to the fact that you will have to submit two applications. After getting an improved nomination, you must submit a single application and fee to the province. We’re referring to the province that nominated you. However, once approved, you must resubmit your PR application and pay to IRCC. Some provinces do not charge a fee, whereas others do.
Fee Structures for PNP Applications
Ontario is well-known around the world for being a preferred destination for new immigrants. However, there is an application cost for the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program. The cost will vary depending on the program you select. A cost of $1,500 is charged for PhD Graduates, Master’s Graduates, International Student Streams, and Employer Job Offer.
The application cost for the Employer Job Offer (Foreign Worker and In-Demand streams) is as follows:
- $1,500 – Job offer outside of the GTA.
- $2,000 – Job offer in the Greater Toronto Area.
The application fees in British Columbia vary depending on the program. The application price for Skills Immigration is $1,475 and increases to $3,500 for streams such as entrepreneur or strategic project. Alberta charges a $500 application fee for digital applications. Nova Scotia does not charge candidates for its PNP.
The Labour Market Priorities Stream for Physicians prioritizes applicants with prior work experience in any of the in-demand healthcare professions. Individuals with experience in specific in-demand occupations are often targeted by the province.
- FIRSTLY, CANADA WORK VISA 2023: NO LMIA || VISA & ACCOMMODATION PROVIDED
- SECONDLY, BECOME A TEACHER IN CANADA | PERMANENT RESIDENCY | MOVE TO CANADA
- THIRDLY, LIST OF COUNTRIES WHERE UAE EXPATS CAN GET AN E-VISA
- MOREOVER, CANADA’S FAMILY CLASS AND SPOUSE WORK PERMITS ARE OPEN
- THEN, CANADA OFFERS NEW INVESTMENT PROSPECTS IN IMMIGRANT SETTLEMENT SERVICES
- ALSO, CHECK THE NEWLY UNVEILED CANADA’S ‘WORLD’S MOST BEAUTIFULLY DESIGNED’ PASSPORT
- FINALLY, THE BEST AND WORST COUNTRIES FOR SCHENGEN VISAS FOR TRAVELLERS REVEAL
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED