February 14th, 2020 at 11:05 am
MONITORING & EVALUATION AND GENDER SPECIALIST (MEGS) vacancies at EPA
The MEGS will work under the direct supervision of the National Coordinator for the Ghana National Adaptation Plan (NAP) project to ensure the achievement of the expected Outcomes and Outputs of the NAP project as set in the approved GCF Funding Proposal document and the Project Cooperation Agreement (PCA) between the Environmental Protection Agency of the Ministry of Environment. Science, Technology and Innovation (MESTI) and UN Environment. The applicant will be responsible for the overall M&E including gender mainstreaming component of the project implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
The MEGS will work in close collaboration with the Project Administrative Officer and the Project Accountant (and any other person the project may recruit) under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme/project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNEP/EPA programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems. The incumbent will be responsible for;
- Establishing and operationalizing an effective data collection system and reporting forms for
capturing quantitative and qualitative information on climate change adaptation in Ghana;
- Preparing in a timely manner project progress, monitoring, mid-term and final evaluation reports
- Establishing an operational manual of M&E system that incudes the above and guides the project team in processing and evaluating the information:
- conducting gender analyses, assessments, and qualitative and quantitative research studies;
- integrating gender considerations and women’s empowerment activities into adaptation planning and implementation;
- designing and facilitating gender trainings as part of the project implementation; integrating gender considerations into M&E systems and structures;
- designing gender and climate change adaptation integration tools and toolkits; any other task(s) assigned by the Project Coordinator.
The incumbent must demonstrate commitment to EPA’s mission, vision and values. S/he must display cultural, gender, religion. race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
Knowledge. Management and Learning
The incumbent must be willing to share knowledge and experience of the project implementation with stakeholders within the confines of the Project Cooperation Agreement (PCA). S/ he must actively work towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Proven ability to problem-solving, and think creatively to develop and implement smart business solutions in a challenging socio-economic environment;
- Ability to establish and maintain contacts with senior-level officials in the country.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential part of the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, is required to obtain, evaluate and interpret factual data and to prepare accurate and complete reports and other documents
Education, Competencies and Skills:
- Candidate should have a Master’s Degree in Statistics, the Social Sciences (or a related field);
- Must have demonstrated seven years’ experience in performing M&E functions in climate change and gender related projects and programmes;
- Must have experience in the following areas: conducting gender analyses, gender assessments, qualitative and quantitative research studies; integrating gender considerations and women’s empowerment activities in projects and programmes; designing and facilitating gender trainings; integrating gender considerations into M&E systems and structures; designing gender integration tools and toolkits;
- Should possess work experience in public policy and governance projects and prograrnmes;
- Knowledge and experience in project management and logical frameworks is required;
- Must be fluent in English language;
- Must possess excellent report writing skills.
Salary is commensurate with background and experience.
Interested and eligible persons are to submit their application letters and Curriculum Vitae following address:
THE AG. EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY
P 0. BOX M 326
Closing date for submission of applications: Wednesday, 4th March 2020
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED