JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a leader in global health, is a nonprofit public health management consulting and research organizations dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world.
POSITION: Finance and Operations Manager
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is implementing the recently awarded USAID-funded five year Strengthening the Care Continuum Project in Ghana. The overall goal of the project is to improve the capacity of the Government of Ghana (GOG) and its partners to provide quality and comprehensive HIV services for key populations and people living with HIV/AIDS using a coordinated and sustainable approach.
The Finance and Operation Manager is a full-time position and will be based in Takoradi, Western Region. S/he will set up and maintain the JSI financial accounts and administrative systems for the USAID Strengthening the Continuum of Care Project. The Finance & Operation Manager will support the Finance and Operations Officers in Takoradi and Goaso. She/he will be responsible for monitoring the financial status of the project work plan including preparation of expenditure projections and expense monitoring. S/he will ensure cost-effectiveness, efficiency and accountability throughout the life of the Project.
- Reporting Relationship: The Finance & Operations Manager reports to the Director of Finance & Operations.
- Job Location: The Finance and Operation Manager is a full-time position that will be based in Takoradi, Western Region
- In collaboration with the Director of Finance and Operations, establish and maintain a financial and administrative system fulfilling all USAID rules and regulations and in line with JSI financial policies and procedures
- Support non-finance staff through in-house trainings
- Manage the monthly accounting cycle and bank account monitoring and reconciliation
- Support the Director of Finance and Operations to review and track program budget(s), monitor expenditures and help prepare financial reports for senior management and USAID
- Prepare expenditure projections on a monthly or as may be determined basis for submission to the Home Office
- Review and certify the monthly accounts documentation, including vouchers and reconciliation reports prepared by the Finance and Operations Officer in Accra and the Finance and Administration Officer in Kumasi.
- Actively participate in work plan preparation and work closely with the technical team to prepare and monitor costed work plans
- Work closely with the Director of Finance and Operations during preparation of the annual PEPFAR Expenditure Analysis report, USAID accruals report and other reports as will be requested
- Collaborate with the Grants Manager and Director of Finance and Operations on the management of the Grants program, including financial monitoring visits, adherence of grantee expenditures to USG policies and procedures, and training of grantee finance/accounting staff as needed
- Coordinate with Finance and Operations Officer in Takoradi and Goaso to create and maintain Finance files for the office, keeping consistent and in an orderly manner
- Assist the finance team with Value Added Tax processing and reporting
- Work with the Human Resources & Admin Manager to ensure safety and daily security of office premises
- Provide support to the Regional Office in Goaso in all the above areas
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance and Operations which are in line with the general concept of this position
- New Employment Offer At Newmont Mining Corporation
- Job openings at the US Embassy in Accra
- GES NON TEACHING STAFF RECRUITMENT
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum Bachelors, Preferred Advanced degree in a finance, accounting, public administration or business-related field
- CA/ACCA/CPA is an added advantage
- Relevant experience with USAID-funded programs and knowledge of USAID rules and regulations strongly desired
- Experience with PEPFAR Expenditure Analysis reports
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in financial and/or office management in an NGO setting
- Demonstrated experience in supervision of support staff
- Experience in inventory management
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Access
- Experience with QuickBooks accounting system desired
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience supervising, mentoring, and training staff
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified persons are required to send their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) marked “Finance and Operations Manager” to: [email protected]
Deadline for the submission of applications: February,17 2022.
- Qualified persons based in the Western Region will be highly considered
- Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No phone calls or drop-ins will be accepted.
PLEASE NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO RELOCATION ALLOWANCE FOR SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE.
John Snow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED