The purpose of the Physician Assistant at Medicas Hospital is to provide comprehensive primary health services under supervision in support of the total effort of the health care delivery system with a view to achieving equity in coverage and quality care.
- Grade: Physician Assistant (Medical)
- Responsible To: Medical Director
- Accountable To: Medical Director
- Work as a member of the Medical Team to provide health care and to monitor and evaluate patient care.
- Collaborate with other disciplines and health care staff to ensure optimum care for clients/patients.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess and prioritize patients presenting at the Health Centre/polyclinic or hospital, according to their medical needs
- Undertake confidential patient consultations consisting of:
- History taking,
- Assessment and
- Initiate and implement a care plan for patients
- Accurately and legibly record patients’ care and management packages
- Assist in providing interventions
Emergency surgical invasive procedures
- Administration of emergency therapies etc
- Assist in the performance of minor surgical procedures:
- Incision of boils,
- Suturing of wounds.
- Dressing of wounds, when necessary.
- Participate in:
- Ward rounds
- Clinical meetings
- Morbidity/mortality meetings
- General staff meetings etc
- Offer primary care to patients with mental health problems and refer as appropriate.
- Perform relieving duties at Health Centers and relevant health facilities when necessary.
- Participate in the outreach community health activities within the catchment’s area
- Facilitate community involvement in health programmes
- Contribute to maternal and child welfare, family planning programmes, and health education talks within the community.
- Assist in the collection and reporting on data – socio/epidemiological morbidity and mortality.
Communication and Working Relationships
- Maintain effective communication with colleagues and other professional groups and clients.
- Participate in dissemination of information on health programmes to staff and clients in the facility
- Participate in multi-professional meetings and conferences as required.
- Promote and safeguard the interest and well being of the patients and visitors at all times.
Personal and People Development
- Develop and maintain continuing personal and professional development to meet the changing demands in the area of primary health services
- Monitor own performance against agreed objectives and standards.
- Keep a log of own performance and in-service training log for purposes of appraisal.
- Undertake surveys.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Take care of your own safety and that of other colleagues and clients as appropriate.
- Work in compliance with all Medicas Hospital health and safety requirements and attend relevant training to update knowledge in line with Medicas Hospital Health and Safety policy.
- Comply with all Medicas Hospital Quality Assurance Policy guidelines and work within the prescribed quality standards for the clinical services.
- Act as a role model in quality improvement, offering advice, and support to others.
- Keep up-to-date with quality developments relevant to the area of work and related services
Required Skills or Experience
Prospective candidates must possess the following qualities;
- Be willing to work flexible hours
- Work excellently under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- A valid license from the Medical and Dental Council
Location: Mampong – Akuapem
How To Apply
Send CVs and Cover Letters to
- State the position applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
Deadline: July 26, 2020
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED