Plan International Ghana, in collaboration with the Vocational Training for Females (VTC) programme, is implementing the Pathways for sustainable Employment for Youth and Women (PASEWAY) project. The Project aims at providing innovative and job readiness skills necessary to create wage or self – employment opportunities for the youth.
The project location is in Kumasi and seeks well-motivated individuals for the under-listed positions: Project Officer
• The Project Officer at Plan International in collaboration with Vocational Training for Females (VTF) Programme will be responsible for the execution of project activities under the various objectives according to the agreed implementation plan to achieve Project deliverables.
• S/He will liaise with local authorities and Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) institutions to provide innovative and job readiness skills necessary to create employment opportunities for youth in the Ashanti Region.
The post holder will be based in Kumasi with frequent travel, approximately 70 percent of his/her time, to the project locations across six districts in the region
• Participates in quarterly project planning and review sessions:
• Ensures that quarterly project plans/activities are executed according to agreed timelines:
• Undertakes community entry and mobilization exercise to identity project target groups for support
• Identifies key district stakeholders and brings them on board
• Liaises with selected TVET providers and BACs in the project districts to offer both soft and hard skills to the target groups,
• Liaises with associations/employers in the hospitality industry to create opportunities for practical attachment for selected target groups;
• Liaises with associations/employers in the hospitality industry to secure formal employment for selected target groups
• Facilitates the formalization of informal businesses in the hospitality industry in the project districts:
• Supports awareness creation and publicity on Project Implementation and successes:
• Ensures the effective and efficient use of project resources, including lend, equipment, materials. etc,
• Undertakes advocacy activities to improve working conditions in the hospitality industry in the project districts.
• Undertakes monitoring and follow-ups on project implementation and ensures best practices are adhered to:
• Keeps track and documentation of project implementation, including successes, lessons, and challenges for redress,
• Develops quarterly plan based on the project implementation plan:
• Prepares quarterly reports on activities’ Implementation.
• Reviews all the vouchers for completeness and documentation and arithmetic accuracy
• Fulfills the organization’s safeguarding Policy at all times to protect Children and the Youth from all forms of abuse
• Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to support the achievement of the PASEWAY Project Goals
Qualification Required & Experience
• A good first degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences or in a related field from a recognized university
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role in NGO sector.
• A process-oriented working style, with the ability to be flexible and adaptable.
• Fair knowledge in project management
• Good ICT skills, including web browsing. Microsoft applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Competent in communicating at all levels
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should indicate the positions they are applying for with their CV, and relevant certificates to:
PMB CT 114,
Closing Date: 23 January 2020
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED