JOB VACANCY || Energy Industry announces recruitment
The Commercial Manager at Destra Energy Group is responsible for creating and developing new and current business units under his/ her remit, bidding on new projects and negotiating contracts. The manager will work with the various teams to create a flow of information across the company’s operations and coordinating processes that help the company achieve its goals. The Commercial Manager will also work with executive management on a wide variety of tasks related to financial planning, regulatory and compliance, and organizational development.
- Initiate market research studies, analyze trends in the two industries of interest; oil and gas and renewable energy and evaluate findings to develop strategies to create value for the company.
- Identify new market opportunities, taking the lead on constructing a robust and successful business proposal that secures new deals, contracts, and long term relationships.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality throughout: on current business activities, short-long term plans, proposals under scrutiny and any other activity related to the business;
- Develop and maintain an excellent rapport with key stakeholders such as clients, suppliers, community organizations, regulatory bodies, etc.
- Representing the organization at trade exhibitions, events, and other related activities;
- Identify international companies with expertise in industries of interest and create strategic partnerships.
- Develop proposals, presentations and requested documentation for potential partners, clients, and stakeholders.
- Prepare winning tenders requested by potential clients.
- Draft and negotiate contracts and agreements with potential clients and other entities (with support from legal).
- Review documents, legal or otherwise, in relation to project(s) and work with legal counsel to diminish potential risks.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with partners and important stakeholders to increase stakeholder satisfaction by managing expectations and fulfilling agreed project objectives.
- Continuously follow up and monitor progress of partnerships and agreements which must be in place for successful execution of project(s).
- Monitor up-to-date industry developments and obtain information on regulations of interest in the O&G and RE sector (e.g. LC law, PC law, JV formation, etc.) in addition to information on changing market dynamics in the energy industry.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the company’s portfolio and working knowledge of competitor products/services
- Obtain customer feedback on products/service quality and share with management to continuously improve the business operations
- Timely submission of weekly progressive reports on projects for review by management.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Self-Starter with plenty of initiative to innovate, change or develop old ideas into new opportunities
- Organized, meticulous, and confident;
- Strategic thinker with the ability to understand market and business intelligence to make informed choices about business development;
- Ability to handle multiple projects, assignments, and duties
- Excellent business acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Solid work ethic and team-building skills
- Excellent research ability
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Foresight and Strategic Planning
- Initiative and Self-motivation
- Multi-tasking ability
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
- Problem Solving
- Proficiency in MS suites
- Minimum 4 years’ bachelor’s degree in Business Management or similar qualification.
- Master’s degree in Energy sector (preferred)
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience in the industry and/or Business Development field.
- Fluency in English compulsory.
The position is based at Destra Energy’ Accra Corporate Office.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested Candidates are required to submit CVs and Cover Letters to
Deadline: 9th March 2020
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED