HR Manager vacancies at Lively Minds Ghana
Lively Minds Ghana is looking for a HR Manager to lead recruitment initiatives and ensure Lively Minds is an excellent employer by developing efficient process and systems to improve the service and support provided to staff. The HR Manager will be responsible for feeding into and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall programme strategy, bridging management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues; managing the recruitment and selection process, maintaining the HR system and ensuring compliance with employee law. The position may require liaising with our UK and Uganda teams to support in HR systems/functions. This position will be based in Tamale. The HR Manager will report directly to the Ghana Country Director.
This is a unique opportunity to be involved in building scalable and distributed systems and make a huge impact for a small charity.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and HR Administration
- Support organization staff by establishing/implementing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counselling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; and recommending changes;
- Implement on-boarding and induction processes;
- Manage a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; and recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions;
- Implement employee benefits programs and inform employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; and designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs;
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records, and representing the organization at hearings;
- Ensure completion of time entry for payroll, absence, illness and leave process;
- Ensure personnel records are up-to-date, accurate and held securely and confidentially;
- Investigate accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
- Responsible for health insurance enrollment, renewals and any issues for staff.
- Ensure workload management, conduct organizational health checks, and other office management tasks.
- Identify and communicate HR risks for safety, security, compliance or staff welfare to senior management.
- Responsible for keeping record of up-to-date insurances for vehicles, assets and other policies as required.
- Support office admin to manage office cooks/cleaners
- Manage LM offices rental agreements, equipment needs and asset register.
- Ensuring employees are adhering to the terms and policies within the employee manual.
- Manage the resident and work permits needs of visitors and LM expatriates in Ghana.
Training, Support and Employee Relations
- Nurture a positive working environment and promote/champion Lively Minds values across the entire team;
- Facilitate new employee induction training/orientation;
- Design and implement employee training on relevant organisational policies/procedures;
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; and counselling employees and supervisors;
- Manage investigations and complex employee relations
- Manage employee welfare initiatives.
- Collaborate with management team to organize employee team-building activities.
- Set-up and lead committees to review employee policies as needed.
Strategic Development and Organisational Change
- Contribute to the development of HR department goals, objectives, and systems;
- Support in the development and revision of personnel policies and procedures;
- Contribute to the development of personnel on-boarding and training materials/procedures
- Professional HR qualification (PCP, CVE or equivalent)
- Experience of managing people and working as part of a management team
- Wide experience of staff training and performance reviews
- Interviewing and recruitment experience
- Experience managing investigations, disciplinaries and terminations
- Clear and professional written, visual and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Experience setting up new HR processes, protocols or policies
- Excellent attention to detail and collaborate effectively with a team.
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience designing and implementing HR strategies
- Experience working with HR software
To succeed in this role you must:
- be a skilled negotiator. You must have experience of dealing with sensitive issues with empathy and resilience.
- be assertive and diplomatic. You must be confident in working with senior-level officials and maintaining relationships.
- have a good understanding of HR management and be on top of changes. You must have a constant ear out for potential changes in employment law and opportunities that Lively Minds can feed into.
- be an excellent collaborator. You must have experience working with senior decision-makers and incorporate ideas from others. You will need to be able to work well with both international and local team members and with those in various positions professionally (above, in-line, and below you).
- be a self-starter. You must be comfortable working with limited supervision and managing a complex and varied workload. You will need to organise and prioritise time effectively for efficient implementation across multiple projects.
- be innovative. We operate in resource-poor settings, with challenging stakeholders and with limited resources. You will need to adopt an excellent analytical approach and be prepared to test and learn in order to find creative and sustainable solutions.
- be passionate. You must have a positive attitude towards change to motivate others and build open relationships with stakeholders, finding ways to gain their buy-in and uptake.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a CV and cover letter detailing how you meet the person specification to
by 23:00 Wednesday, March 4, 2020. Please note that generic cover letters will not be considered. Lively Minds operates a strict Child & Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy and the post-holder will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this role.
Please note that due to resource constraints, we will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED