Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment 2020.
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Ghana
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
We are looking for a committed person to coordinate the activities of the Global Mobility section. An enthusiastic professional who is eager to make a difference in the provision of timely, accurate and efficient services as relates to work and residence permits, business visas, relocation and other services as required.
Working collaboratively with direct manager, site Human Resources (HR) and Corporate Global Mobility team on all issues relating to Ghana expats, ultimately guaranteeing the timely delivery of all necessary services in the section and to build effective relationships with many satisfied clients.
Main responsibility areas will include;
- Expat Management and Staffing
- Operations Management
- Information Management and Management Reporting
- Relationship Management
- Policies and Regulations
- Be responsible for all expat support within the region and Support the sourcing and transfer of expats into the region.
- Coordinate workforce planning activities for expats resourcing through the efficient and timely submission of the appropriate localization and staffing plans.
- Attentively observe and ensure the validity of expatriate hiring, transfers and extensions to verify alignment.
- Be committed to the detailed supervision and review of all permit procedures for all Newmont expatriates and dependents.
- Apply for, track and renew work permits for expats and their families, proactively reporting on the application process and trends. Conduct respective new hire orientations and administer regional benefits.
- Coordinate and cooperate with departments on the acquisition of travel visas for all expatriate and national staff as and when required for business travel.
- Detail out to key partners any updates and/or changes in immigration laws, Minerals Commission and other government agencies.
- Guarantee the timeous provision of all required Global Mobility and expatriate management reports.
- Develop and implement any region-specific policies and verify government regulations are adhered to.
- Build and maintain strategic effective relationships with government agencies and Global Mobility vendors to verify timely processing of Newmont applications.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources (HR), Business Administration or equivalent field.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in of general Human Resources experience required.
- Experience designing, developing and implementing programs, processes, and policies.
- Proficient knowledge of appropriate local regulatory and immigration laws as well as global and local mobility practices.
- Previous experience with a multi-site, international multi-functional organization preferred.
- Outstanding -administrative/numeracy/analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Phenomenal communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient computer, coordination, planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Service and system management skills.
- Professional with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Exhibit respect, integrity, maturity, emotional intelligence, safety consciousness, pro-activeness, fairness, accuracy, attention to details and innovativeness amongst others.
- Position is located in the Accra Regional office.
- Position may be required to travel to and support other Newmont Africa sites.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED