February 6th, 2020 at 11:35 am
Finance and Compliance Officer vacancies at AGRA Africa
Reporting to the West Africa Regional Head, the Finance and Compliance Officer will perform compliance oversight of USAID regulations, advise the Country manager on issues of timeliness and seek ways to accelerate processes internally such that deliverables are I met, offering insight on potential bottlenecks to delivery.
The Finance and Compliance Officer will also be the primary point of contact for grantees with respect to training needs and questions as iney concern grant implementation and will further liaise with AGRA executive and AGRA’s internal audit unit to draw attention to specific capacity concerns of sub-grantees in the general area of grant, systems ‘ad Policy compliance. In addition, the person will provide finance administrative suppoort to the Country office
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support process to ensure Ghana Country Office meets professional standards. accepted business practices, donor awards and internal standards
- Ensure ethical and pragmatic approach to compliance to assist the Ghana office manage risk and maintain a pm:dive reputation.
- Address grantees and employee concerns or questions on compliance matters.
- Educate staff and grantees on instituting practices that will ensure the highest possible level of compliance.
- Assist in Grant pipeline updating and monitoring
- Assist in financial fiduciary and checking award terms on financial reports to donors
- Assist the country managers on operational issue
- Payroll preparation including routine update of payroll information, posting and reconciliation.
- Cost allocation in collaboration with management accounting.
- Review of payroll system and interface with Navision and reconciliation/linking in collaboration with IT (business systems analyst).
- Ensuring receipt of timesheets and ensuring payroll costs allocation as per timesheets.
- Review of staff accounts reconciliation, generation of payroll adjustments and communication to staff.
- Bank reconciliations and resolution of outstanding issues and any detected anomalies.
- Tracking of income including donor receipts due and maintaining of tracking schedules on pending pledges in collaboration with programmes finance team.
- Review of travel claims, accountabilities, staff claims in the accounting system and on hard copies (journals and invoices).
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and schedules
Key Qualifications and Experience Required
- A bachelors degree in Accounting or finance. an MBA in a relevant fieldwill be an added advantage.
- A fully qualified CPA/CA/ACCA/CIMA certification
- At least 5 years of professional experience in accounting, finance or financial monitoring, or auditing and compliance
- At least 4 years of experience in international development including experience in development projects funded by donors
- At least 3 years’ experience working on USAID-funded projects such as sub-awards/grants/finance/compliance officer
- Intelligent and willing to keep learning on constantly changing legislation and awards expectations.
- llands-cm knoWledge of be major ERI) software would be a distinct advantag,e;
- Excellent English and knowledge of local languages as an asset
MODE OF APPLICATION
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position. kindly submit your application. with a detailed CV (including your e-mail and telephone contacts) to
Please quote the job reference number in the subject line of the application e-mail.
To be considered, applications must be received by 17th February, 2020
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED