AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Exploration Geological Technician.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Exploration Geological Technician is responsible for ensuring the application of safe practices at the drill site at the surface and sometimes underground and carrying out core orientation markings, monitoring drilled meters against core recovered, recording core losses if any; and rig setups and drilling in accordance with the planned program.
- Make sure all drill sites are ready and alignment done at the sites when required
- Ensure sumps are dug and ready for drilling
- Assist the geologist in rig audits
- Keep accurate records of core recovery, core loss etc. per run
- Assist the rig geologist in doing the quick logs at the end of each shift and reporting
- Provide logistical assistance to the geology team
- Perform all field activities with minimal supervision and in accordance with safety protocols
- Operate in accordance with the company values, policies, standards, and procedures
- Liaise between drillers and core yard technicians making sure core is delivered to core yard daily
- Ensure safety at the drill site
- Monitor and record core recovery per run
- Monitor and ensure orientation marks are correct and lines correctly drawn on core
- Ensure core is clean and well laid in core trays with well labelled tags at appropriate places
- Assist driller assistants in piecing together broken core and bind with cellotape whenever required
- Ensure strict conformance to the department’s QAQC procedures
- Assist the geologist in logging and sampling of core
- Absa Bank Calls For Job Applications
- Fan Milk Plc Calls For Job Applications
- Exciting Career Opportunity At Rainforest Alliance
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school certificate or its equivalent
Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in exploration or mining environment.
- Must have a Valid Drivers’ License
- Basic Understanding of Safety Leadership is required.
- Basic Understanding of Exploration Methods is required
Basic Understanding of Rig setup and compass reading
- Basic Understanding of Stick-up calculation
- Basic Understanding of general geology and rock types
- Basic Understanding of Sampling
- Basic Understanding of Logging
- Basic Understanding of Core Yard management
- Basic Understanding of Equipment operation
- Basic Understanding of Geological Theory is required.
- Basic Understanding of Sampling Methods is required
- Good interpersonal skills and communication to direct reports and key stake holders.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date : 24th Feb. 2022
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED