Environmental Specialist JOB- DELOITTE
The Environmental Specialist will develop an Environment Management System (EMS) and Environmental Manual in addition to conducting a training and capacity building workshop on environmental mitigation and compliance for staff and invited stakeholders such as project developers, financiers, Government of Ghana, and donor organizations.
- Develop an Environment Management System (EMS) and Environmental Manual
- Conduct a training and capacity-building workshop on environmental mitigation and compliance for staff and selected stakeholders
- Work with the team and project partners to ensure compliance with environmental regulations and policies under Regulation 216
- Provide targeted technical assistance to public sector stakeholders, utilities, and project developers to carry out the environmental examinations, assessment and stakeholder engagement activities, utilizing Power Africa’s Community Engagement Tool, such as public involvement programs, environmental management plans, resettlement action plans, and benefit sharing mechanisms
- Work with the COP and Outcome Leads to ensure ongoing focus on environmental footprint as well as compliance with environmental monitoring activities related to NPSP work
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc., B.A., B.Eng./B. Tech., etc.) Master’s degree in economics, finance, or other relevant field, particularly in energy sector
- Demonstrated experience conducting environmental work within the region
- Demonstrated experience applying environmental and social safeguards on energy or related infrastructure programs
- Experience working in similar context in West Africa region
- Previous experience with donor agency programs
- Demonstrated experience operating in developing country environments, including conducting technical activities
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Excellent coordination skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
- Ability to respond on short notice and plan and execute several activities at once
- Ability to work under pressure, as part of a team or independently, and meet deadlines consistently
What Impact Will You Make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Centre.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
MODE OF APPLICATION
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED