The Encyclopaedia Africana Project invites applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians to fill a vacant position at the Project Secretariat in Accra
The Position: SENIOR RESEARCH OFFICER/EDITOR
The Senior Research Officer/Editor will be responsible for providing a high level of research and editing support to the Research and Proposal Development teams by undertaking duties related to a variety of projects with a strong focus on producing high-quality articles and data collation for publication both online and in print.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver on particular work strands relating to specific projects including writing and editing of articles for content and publication.
- Plan the content for publications according to the Project’s publication style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements,
- Exercise editorial quality control measures on articles submitted for publication,
- Work closely with others as part of a team and with external stakeholders to assemble, edit, manage relationships and deliver work on deadlines;
- As assigned, will serve as a primary proposal writer, use writing skills to transform technical content and conceptual design into polished proposals that are responsive to donor guidelines,
- Prepares progress reports against annual work plans and recommend changes to activities as appropriate to achieve programme objectives;
- Any other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- A Master’s degree in Humanities, English, Publishing Studies, Communication Studies, or other related fields from a recognized tertiary institution with a minimum of 5 years continuous or combined experience in research and publishing.
- An understanding of publishing production is required.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading and oral communication skills, with proven ability to write clear and concise reports.
HOW TO APPLY
All application letters should be addressed to;
The Ag. Director Encyclopaedia Africana Project
P. O. Box 2797
Together with a detailed CV. copies of certificates and contact details of three (3) Referees should be submitted strictly via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
By the close of work on Monday, 19th November. 2021.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED