CATERING SERVICES (CHEF) – UK ROYAL ARMY
The Royal Navy represents the United Kingdom worldwide, forging new alliances and maintaining old ones. Being a Caterer in the Royal Navy is a career that is literally miles from anything you could do at home. Travelling around the world, your job will range from cooking for the ship’s company on board warships or Royal Marines on land operations, to serving a fine dining experience to politically influential VIPs and royalty.
Wherever you may be in the world, you’ll perform a pivotal role: making sure our most important asset – our people – have the fuel they need to get the job done.
- Our world-class training means you’ll learn all the ins and outs of running a highly efficient commercial kitchen, including responsibility for ordering, receiving, and accounting for provisions to sustain the menus you’ll write, as well as learning how to offer the highest level of premium front of house experience and the behind the scenes organisation that enables it.
- Be part of the team whose role is a lot more than just food. Your crewmates, at all levels, look forward to mealtimes, so keeping high morale and optimised health are an essential part of the job.
- Learn additional, crucial skills as an integral part of the ship’s advanced medical, fire fighting and damage control teams.
- Travel the world, learning all about new ingredients and cuisines to incorporate into your culinary repertoire.
Pay and benefits
- A salary of at least £20,000, as soon as you finish training
- An excellent pension scheme
- Six weeks of paid holiday every year
- Free medical and dental care
- You’ll need to be aged between 16 to 39
- No qualifications are required for this role
- A National of the United Kingdom, a Commonwealth citizen or Dual National
- A Body Mass Index (BMI) between 18 and 28 (between 17 and 27 if under 18)
- Pass the Naval Swimming Test
Skills and interests
- A keen interest in high standards of food and hospitality
- A cool head for the pressures of a busy kitchen
- A problem-solver, with a common sense approach, who can work well as part of a team
- A real sense of adventure, with a high level of physical and mental fitness
HOW TO APPLY FOR CATERING SERVICES (CHEF) – UK ROYAL ARMY
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOB OPPORTUNITIES
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group