February 24th, 2020 at 06:07 pm
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for UNICEF Job Vacancies February 2020
- Company: UNICEF
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising / Media Jobs in Ghana
UNICEF Ghana seeks the services of an experienced professional with strong passion to deliver results for children. In this role as Communication for Development Specialist, the incumbent will provide technical and operational support for developing a systematic, planned and evidence-based strategy and process for C4D, as an integral part of programme development, planning and implementation of the Ghana Country Programme. Through communication and engagement, as well as the empowerment and participation of stakeholders, communities, children, civil society partners, and government counterparts, s/he promotes measurable behavioral and social change/mobilization. The C4D unit sits within the office of the Deputy Representative.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Support to strategy design and development of C4D activities
- Implementation of C4D activities
- Technical and operational support
- Advocacy, networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
Please see attached detailed job description. C4D Specialist Level 3.pdf
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in the following fields is required: social and behavioral science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, communication, public relations or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: social development programme planning, communication for development, public advocacy or another related area.Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an important asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The functional competencies required for this post are…
- Leading and supervising (I)
- Formulating strategies/concepts (II)
- Relating and networking (II)
- Persuading and influencing (II)
- Applying technical expertise (II)
- Entrepreneurial thinking (II)
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here
Closing Date: 8th March 2020
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED