Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Ghana Wildlife Society Recruitment 2020.
• The Finance & Administrative Officer will have oversight responsibility over the performance of various
duties categorized by either financial or administrative support.
• Administrative responsibilities include file management, correspondence drafting, funding program support, and ensuring supplies to the office are managed and maintained.
• Administrative duties also include developing and maintaining administrative systems and performing clerical duties, such as word processing, meeting minute taking, scanning and photocopying.
Finance and Administrative Officer
The post-holder will work closely with GWS colleagues in Accra, the Executive Director and provide support to the GWS Office at Damongo Office in the Northern Region.
Performance of various duties categorized by either financial or administrative support.
• General administrative support to the SIBCI Project.
• Maintain project and donor documentation records, including project, staff and consultants’
• Maintain schedules and details of project financial transfers and other project-related payments
required and their due dates.
• Support the Project Manager to maintain a schedule of internal and external reporting deadlines,
and ensuring that the donor reporting requirements of project related contracts are fulfilled in a
timely manner, and that all necessary information required for project reports is received from
partners in a timely manner.
• Support the preparation of contracts for consultants and liaising with consultants and partners on specific administrative requirements.
• Support Project staff in the preparation and implementation of project evaluations and audits.
• Liaise with the Project Manager to ensure that the project and other programme staff comply with the prescribed administrative systems and requirements as set out by GWS.
• Support GWS on annual strategy review meetings and quarterly programmes meetings.
• Arrange translations of Project publications when necessary. File systems development and maintenance.
• Word processing, minute taking, photocopying, scanning, etc.
• Ensure effective office and kitchen supply management and inventory controls.
• Develop and maintain spreadsheets and reports for tracking expenditure and reporting to the European Union and other donors.
• Ensure that project expenditures are adequately tracked in accordance with the agreed project budgets.
• Petty cash management and custody.
• Support the Project Manager to prepare financial reports as required by the EU and other donors or for internal monitoring.
• Prepare and monitor requests for transfers of funds to project implementing partners.
• Keep relevant programme staff informed of incoming and outgoing funds.
• ake charge of coding invoices and other project expenditures.
• Take charge of reconciling project expenditure with organisational accounts.
• Working knowledge of the Tally ERP system or integrated computer systems.
• Practical knowledge of computer systems, including internet navigation and various Microsoft Office applications especially Excel.
• Be able to work under pressure and attend to any ad hoc functions as may be required.
• Be self-driven and able to work within tight deadlines.
• A Bachelor’s/Masters’ degree or equivalent qualification in Business Administration or Finance.
• Relevant experience of coordinating conservation projects (at least Euros 100K).
• A strong technical background and understanding of a range of conservation issues, particularly including protected area management, sustainable agriculture in conservation landscapes, conservation financing.
• Experience working with partners, government institutions and communities.
• A cover letter explaining why you are applying for the position and relating to your experience and skills to the roles indicated in the application pack (include your salary expectations) in your cover letter.
• Full CV and contact details for two referees Email your application to:
or deliver by hand to GWS addressing it to The
22 January, 2020
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED