Alinea Foundation New Job Opportunity
WEE-North is a five-year (2020-2025) project funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC) and implemented by Alinea Foundation. It aims to enhance economic empowerment for young women in the five regions of northern Ghana by providing hands-on industrial trades training in plumbing, welding, construction, bricklaying and tiling, electrical installation, small engine repair, painting, and POP. Following training, young women artisans are attached to industries for practical experience and linked to local groups of tradeswomen for support and job opportunities.
POSITION: Gender Equality Promotion Coordinator
The main responsibility of the Gender Equality Promotion Coordinator is to ensure that the project’s gender strategy is fully implemented and reported on within the context of the project’s activities and indicators.
- To begin with, Promote measures for the achievement of ultimate and intermediate project gender outcomes/results
- Then, Update and promote the project’s gender strategy and strategic directions/objectives to address existing and emerging gender issues
- Also, Provide advice to staff and stakeholders for implementing and monitoring the project’s gender strategy
- Furthermore, Disaggregate the target groups, taking into consideration issues of social exclusion, to better identify and meet their practical and strategic gender needs with regard industrial trades training, trades jobs, and doing business in the trades
- Moreover, Identify and measure the extent to which the project is contributing to addressing gender inequities in project locations with regard industrial trades training, trades jobs, and doing business in the trades
- Finally, Carry out training and dialoging as follows: gender-responsive pedagogy in educational institutions, gender-sensitive Health and Safety Environment in educational institutions and industries, gender-sensitive workplace in industries, and gender sensitization in communities.
Required Qualifications and Qualities:
- University degree with courses in gender and development
- Dynamic, creative individual who works well independently and as part of a team
- Gets along well with young women and community stakeholders
- Enjoys field work, able to travel frequently
- Also, Works effectively in a busy office, sharing facilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Lastly, Speaks languages of northern Ghana
- 5 years minimum job experience in gender equality promotion
- Commitment (personal, professional) to the principles of Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy (FIAP), with experience of supporting local women’s organizations that advance women’s rights and engaging men and boys in the fight for gender equality
- Understanding of results-based management from a gender perspective
- Conceptualization of social-gender analysis issues of exclusion, marginalization, poverty, discrimination, GBV, SRHR, education, and work within the context of project activities and indicators
- Advocacy at micro, meso, and macro levels for WEE North’s Gender Equality goals
- Analysis of the gendered situation of Ghana’s TVET sector and commensurate challenges for girls and women in the industrial trades
- Formation of women’s groups and cooperatives for the purpose of gender equality advocacy activities
- Organization of district and regional women’s networks and alliances, and their meetings, conferences, and forums for the purpose of gender equality advocacy activities
How To Apply for Alinea Foundation New Job Opportunity
Please include your CV and a letter of application describing in detail how your qualifications and experience are relevant for the job.
Send applications to email@example.com with Gender Equality Promotion Coordinator in the subject line. Each application should include at least two attachments: a comprehensive CV and a detailed letter. In addition, the candidate is welcome like to include relevant work-related products illustrating experience of gender equality promotion. Please indicate in the letter when you can start.
Deadline for applications: 27 May 2022, 5 p.m.
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- A security company Invites Job Applications
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED