February 13th, 2020 at 06:09 pm
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for World Health Organization (WHO) Recruitment February 2020
- Company: World Health Organisation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
The World Health Organisation (WHO), a member of the Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI), in collaboration with other GPEI partners, is supporting the Ministry of Health to respond to the current io outbreak, The WHO Country Office (WCO) seeks to recruit surveillance officers on short-term basis to support the implementation of a coordinated outbreak response.
• The officers will provide technical support to the national and sub-national authorities to strengthen polio surveillance.
Scope of work
• Collaborate closely with other GPEI partners and support the Ministry of Health (MOH)/Ghana Health Service (GHS) at all levels for surveillance and immunisation activities, providing regular J1 technical support and feedback.
Support the MOHIGHS at all levels to strengthen and maintain a sensitive surveillance system within the framework of IDSR with a special focus on AFP case search as follows:
• Support development and implementation of response work plans
• Support active case search, AFP case investigation, validation. 60 days follow-up
• Support mapping of high-risk and special populations and provide technical support to areas that have these populations
• Support Environmental Surveillance activities and operations.
• Support epidemiological investigation, risk assessment and outbreak response activities.
Strengthen immunisation services, especially in high-risk and special populations through:
• Supporting the Ministry of Health at all levels to plan and conduct good quality Supplementary Immunisation Activities
• Supporting mapping of high-risk and special populations, development of micro plans and strategies in areas of assignment
• Supporting high-risk areas to conduct risk assessments and immunisation activities to increase population immunity.
• Supporting capacity-building activities for immunisation personnel at all levels.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the WHO Representative.
Eastern, Bono, Bono East, Northern, North East and Oti Regions
Qualification Required & Experience
Minimum Position Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health/Community Health or related field obtained from a recognised institution, Master’s in Public Health or related programme is desirable. Experience and Skills
• Have at least 5 years experience in disease surveillance
• Sound knowledge of WHO standards and policies such as the IDSR and IHR
• Knowledge and understanding of the functionality of EP! and surveillance systems at national, sub-national and community levels of the health systems in Ghana
• Good scientific writing and production of reports
• Experience in verifying, managing, analysing and presenting data
• Proficiency in all MS Office applications
• Experience working successfully in similar position as outlined in the scope of work
• Excellent knowledge of English is required
• Ability to work collaboratively with multiple partners and teams at national, regional, district and community levels.
• Good team player
• Strong interpersonal, communication, leadership, collaborative and good listening skills
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• Willingness to accept different opinions and feedback
• Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
Duration of Assignment
The estimated duration of the temporary recruitment is 3 months
Location: Eastern, Bono, Bono East, Northern, North East and Oti Regions
How to Apply
All suitable candidates should submit their application letters with detailed CV to WHO Representative at: email@example.com Closing Date: 29 February, 2020 ONLY CANDIDATES UNDER SERIOUS CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW. WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED