March 10th, 2020 at 07:13 pm
🥰Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for The World Bank Group (WBG) Recruitment 20204
The World Bank is an international financial institution that provides loans to countries of the world for capital projects. It comprises two institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), and the International Development Association (IDA). The World Bank is a component of the World Bank Group.
Established in 1944, the World Bank (WBG) is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In the fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 188-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
- Company: World Bank Group (WBG)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Job Title: Senior Operations Officer
The Snr Operations Officer (SOO) position is based in Ghana, Accra with primary responsibility for supporting the Country Director (CD), Operations Manager (OM) and DC-based Sr. Operations Officer (DC SOO) with respect to the performance of the existing portfolio, including trust funds and analytical program (ASA), tracking the pipeline delivery, and ensuring the program’s strategic alignment with the CPF. The SOO supports the CD, OM and DC SOO to conduct country-specific monitoring and reporting on the existing lending, TF portfolio and ASA program, and to identify and resolve country-specific implementation issues.
The SOO maintains up-to-date information on portfolio performance (IDA and trust funds, and ASA program) for Ghana in close collaboration with the OM and DC SOO. The SOO is a member of the CMU Management Team that includes senior staff, which meets frequently to share information and resolve all relevant operational and administrative issues in the country office.
Specific duties include:
S/he will be responsible for performing activities in the following areas:
- Support the Ghana team in the preparation, appraisal and negotiation of national and regional projects.
- Assist Task Team Leaders sustain effective relationships with high-level government officials, line ministries, project implementation units as well as international development partners.
- Supports the CD, OM and DC SOO in ensuring the quality of portfolio performance management through project implementation, monitoring and assistance.
- Supports the OM in monitoring the Ghana lending, knowledge and convening activities; flags implementation problems for attention by clients and Bank management; supports OM with data and documents needed for effective portfolio monitoring and risk management meetings at the Regional level and takes lead in resolving systemic portfolio issues.
- Actively support the country and project teams by playing the key role in coordinating the implementation of the World Bank program in the Country and supporting the CD and OM in the Bank dialogue with the development partners and government counterparts in that respect.
- Advising operational teams on the current scope of policies applicable to Bank operations
- Promote knowledge learning between teams engaged through capturing key operational challenges, solutions and examples.
- Leads the preparation of the Country briefing documents and internal and external correspondence for Bank management, development partners, and external audiences.
- Supports the CD, OM and DC SOO in monitoring the allocation and utilization of national IDA.
- Leads and coordinates the quality control of the preparation of a Monthly Watch List. The report monitors lending, non-lending activities, TF, and other key portfolio performance indicators. The report is regularly shared with the Country Team and may be shared with the government.
- Support the implementation Support Team (comprising of FM, Procurement and safeguards specialists) by organizing its regular meetings with project TTLs and program/sector leaders to discuss and find solutions to the ongoing concerns and to anticipate potential future problems/bottlenecks. Follow-up with government on recommendations in close consultation with the CD, OM, and Program/Sector Leaders. Follow up on the Portfolio Action Plan as formulated in the IST or the Country Portfolio Performance Review (CPPR), with special focus on portfolio-wide actions in the areas of FM, procurement, safeguards, and M&E. Prepare the TTLs periodic meetings.
- Review, and draft comments for the CD/OM on operational documents such as the Project Concept Notes (PCNs), Project Appraisal Documents (PADs), Implementation Status and Results Reports (ISRs) and Implementation Completion Report (ICR);
- Provides inputs to or prepares diverse operational products/outputs (e.g. country briefings, background reports, case studies, portfolio performance reviews, etc.). Provide continuous case-by-case support to teams and the Implementation Support Team. Interact directly with the Program Leaders/Sector on daily work program issues and provides operational support for problem or risky operations, reviews implementation readiness of projects under preparation, including advice on project design, results-M&E, risk management; reviewing operational packages; advising the OM on management letters, extensions, cancellations and restructuring. To the extent possible, participate in operational missions and meetings and assist teams in resolution of difficult issues. Review, comment on, and clear for the OM/CD all operational out-going correspondence.
- Maintain daily contact and relationship with government counterparts; ensure that the country team follows the government’s internal procedures and processes for World Bank programs; and assist the country team in resolving difficult operational issues. Leads the preparations for the regular Implementation Support team meetings in close cooperation with Country Teams and Governments.
- Supports the OM in donor coordination by developing and maintaining contacts with key stakeholders and development partners. Develops and maintains close working relations with the Washington-based Country Anchor Unit, the CMU staff in Monrovia and Freetown, GP colleagues, operational services and quality staff, and regional management.
- Provide support in the Country Strategy Implementation program. Support the CD, OM and DC SOO in implementation of the Country Partnership Strategy and help in preparing CPS Progress Report and Completion Report, particularly regarding portfolio implementation.
This job is for someone who is very strong in operational work, likes new challenges, has strong inter-personal skills, and thrives in a rapidly changing environment.
- Masters’ degree in international relations, international development, management or similar discipline with a minimum 8 years’ relevant experience; a post graduate qualification in finance with a supplementary Business Administration will be an added advantage.
- Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to function effectively in multi-disciplinary teams within a matrix environment.
- Good understanding of Bank policies, procedures and system.
- Recognized by peers and/or managers for ability to identify and pro-actively solve operational issues and problems.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the CMU’s annual reporting, budgeting, and business planning.
- Ability to coordinate mechanisms to ensure efficient and effective procedures for routine workflow in the County office.
- Identifies the needed resources to accomplish results involving multiple stakeholders and finds solutions to obstacles affecting key deliverables.
- Shows leadership in ensuring the team stays organized and focused, and actively seeks and considers diverse ideas and approaches.
- Shares best practice, trends, knowledge and lessons learned across units and with clients and partners, articulating ideas verbally and in writing in a clear and compelling way across audiences of varied levels.
How to Apply
Candidates who have met the above-listed criteria should click HERE to apply.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED