IJM Ghana, is seeking a talented social worker to serve within the Aftercare team, to facilitate psycho-social services for survivors of trafficking and their primary caregivers. This position is based in Accra, with frequent travel to other regions in Ghana, and reports to the Director of Justice Projects, IJM Ghana.
Crisis Care and Case Management Services
- Work with government partners to provide immediate crisis care, advocacy and assessments for victims coming out of trafficking situations and ensure all victims receive legally mandated government protections.
- Facilitate comprehensive assessments, treatment planning and service implementation towards the safe reunification and restoration of the survivor, in line with best practice standards.
- Engage, prepare and support victims and witnesses throughout judicial proceedings in partnership with multidisciplinary teams of advocates and care providers.
- Provide mentoring and support to social welfare officers and other stakeholders to empower survivors of trafficking to restoration by conducting holistic assessments, developing individualized care plans, coordinating psychosocial services for survivors, monitoring and reporting survivor progress towards defined psychosocial goals and assessing sustainable safety at the time of case closure.
- Build effective, trusting partnership relationships with justice system officials, social welfare officers, and other stakeholders on a regional and national level.
- Develop a network of collaborative partnerships within key program areas that are equipped to serve the holistic needs of IJM aftercare participants, including service providers in the areas of health, education, income generation, protective services, mental health, basic needs (i.e. food, housing) and other relevant needs.
Training and Development
- Develop and deliver high-quality, professional training curriculum to multi-disciplinary stakeholders on best practices in trauma informed case management and service provision.
- Support joint training programs with police, judiciary, and social welfare on survivor-friendly and trauma-informed interventions, for survivors of trafficking.
- Provide mentoring and support to social welfare officers and justice officials to ensure that survivors of trafficking are provided trauma-informed protection and support towards restoration.
- Thoroughly document and monitor service provision and progress of survivors within IJM’s internal electronic database, and other reports as required.
- Effectively record and analyse cases of trafficking to contribute to effective Justice System reform processes and capacity building efforts.
- Carry out additional assignments as required by the Director of Justice Projects.
Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in psychology, or social work preferred.
- Minimum of two years relevant experience in provision of case management services, implementing psychosocial assessments and interventions.
- Significant experience in working with vulnerable groups or survivors of trauma and providing psychosocial services.
- Ability to provide service interventions in a trauma-informed manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, partners and client groups receiving services.
- Experience in building collaborative partnerships with other social service providers.
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Fluency in Ewe and Twi preferred.
- Driver’s License preferred.
- Strong result-orientation.
- Passionate commitment to IJM’s mission and values.
- Mature Christian faith.
- Demonstrate knowledge and a strong commitment to child protection and other the protection of other vulnerable groups.
- Attention to detail, organized and disciplined with priorities.
- Professional in demeanor, appearance, writing and oral communication.
- Works well under stress with a sustained positive attitude.
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity.
- Intelligent, creative and proactive problem solver.
- Strong value of teamwork and collaboration, particularly within a multidisciplinary framework.
Send Cover Letter, Resume, & Statement of Faith* By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED