March 14th, 2020 at 06:13 pm
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Sunyani
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
To guarantee cost effective competency based training programs are delivered to Mining Operations, Equipment Operators. It involves scheduling of classes on the job training, assessment to provide trained and skilled workforce for the mining operations which includes the implementation and monitoring of the local work force.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
Training and Assessment
- Developing operation training needs analysis within your area of responsibility
- Conduct mine operations safety inductions
- Conduct immersive / LV simulator training programs
- Conduct drilling training, Assessment and refresher training for Ahafo mining operations
- Conduct mobile equipment operations training programs
- Conduct driver / vehicle licensing and permitting programs
- Ensure training and competency compliance with the relevant policies
- Assess and evaluate in support of operator recruitment
- Team up-skilling to ensure current competency is maintained
- Assist drill and blast in achieving their training targets
- Assist with the development, maintenance and reporting of training schedules
- Identifying areas of improvements within the training management system
Comply with all Newmont Ghana Occupational Health and Safety requirements
YOUR TRAINING, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE CHECKLIST:
- Degree or Diploma in mining engineering/mechanical engineering
- Workplace Trainer / Assessor Certification.
- Mincom operator certification
- Blasting certificate of competency
- Knowledge of Ghana Occupational Health and Safety laws.
- Between 5 to 7 years’ experience operating heavy mobile equipment in open pit mining operations (Knowledge in underground mobile equipment operation would be added advantage)
- Strong training facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office suite software such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with competency-based training, on and off job.
- Advanced communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Coaching skills.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED