JOB TITLE : UNIVERSITY LIBRARIAN
The University Librarian shall be responsible to the Vice Chancellor in the management of the Library Department. He/She shall provide leadership in advancing the University’s teaching, research and innovation mission through a clear vision of the library’s role, comprehensive strategic planning, incorporating emerging technology, sound fiscal management and engagement of all members of the University community.
The University Librarian shall be required to show high qualities of sound judgment, initiative, resourcefulness, precision and professionalism in their area of specialization.
The Position/Job Description
The Librarian is the head of the University Library and shall be responsible for:
- Drawing up and monitoring the implementation of University Library Strategic Plan
- Directing and coordinating the components of the library i.e. staff, services, collections and external relations
- Establishing and maintaining procedures, policies and systems that make for efficient library operation
- Planning, organizing, coordinating and measuring the work activities of all library personnel
- Representing the library in contacts with Administration and Committees of the University
- Collaboration with the relevant and appropriate institutional libraries and organizations within and outside the country in order to keep up with development trends and attain exposure to developed systems
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Vice Chancellor
Terms of Appointment
- The Librarian shall hold office for an initial term of four (4) years.
- The appointment may be renewed, upon application by the Librarian, for another term of four (4) years only.
- The terms and conditions of the appointment shall be determined by the Governing Council of the University, consistent with the Technical Universities Act, 2016 (Act 922) as amended, the Statutes of Dr. Hilla Limann Technical University and the Harmonized Scheme of Service for Technical Universities in Ghana
Qualification and Experience
The Librarian must:
- Possess a minimum of a research postgraduate degree in library or information science and related studies. A PhD in Library Science or Studies is preferable
- Must have served as a Deputy Librarian in a University or comparable grade in a similar institution/organization for at least six (6) years
- Have a minimum of ten (15 – 20) cumulative publications
- Be a scholar and a member of a professional body in librarianship/information science.
- Be computer literate and conversant with library software.
How to Apply
- Applicant should submit an application letter and a statement of not more than 4 pages (Time New Roman, font size 12 and 1.5 line spacing) outlining his/her vision for the University Library and strategies for implementation
- Applicant should attach CV including names and addresses of 3 referees who can attest to the qualities of the applicant
- All applications should be addressed to the Chairperson of the Search Committee
- Applications must be hand-delivered in a sealed envelope or by a courier, to the Registry of the University and signed for, and also be submitted using email to the address below:
Search Committee for University Librarian
C/o Office of the Senior Assistant Registrar (HR)
Dr. Hilla Limann Technical University
P.O. Box 553
Email: [email protected]
Deadline for submission: 16th March, 2021
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED