Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
We are in search of a confident, reliable and customer focused team player as Regional Purchasing Supervisor who is willing to continually learn, improve and execute Newmont’s purchasing strategy, policies and guidelines to drive shared goals and objectives across the entire Supply Chain, specifically for material-oriented categories and contracts.
Are you that professional who can efficiently oversee all material and service procurement for regional operational mines and exploration projects? Capably own and lead the procurement team to develop, implement, and continuously improve in the execution of the goals and objectives of the Supply Chain function in alignment with the company’s purchasing strategy?
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Provide contract and commercial support at site and regional level.
- Ensure strategic procurement of material including and not limited to operational equipment, mining and process consumables, and any other key commodity.
- Lead critical tenders as per the procurement stage process.
- Support regional and global projects for completion of all first fill procurement activities in line with business readiness.
- Communicate purchasing vision and build strong working relationships with internal client executives.
- Lead the team in identifying and capturing new enterprise spend areas to add value and drive cost savings.
- Deliver capability development for team on general supply chain skills and procurement specific processes e.g. Lifecycle procurement and contract management and supplier risk management.
YOUR TRAINING, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE CHECKLIST:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Accounting or related field or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of P2P transactional processes.
- ERP/EAP System knowledge.
- Mining business acumen.
- Life Cycle Procurement and Contract Management Practitioner.
- Supply Risk Management process.
- Between 7 to 10 years of directly related procurement experience or equivalent. The combination of training and experience is necessary.
- Between 5 to 7 years of management experience leading teams and having direct reports.
- Mining Experience preferred.
- Proficient computer and Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding -administrative/numeracy/analytical and problem solving skills.
- Great teammate, Results – driven, Independent, Conscientious a Continuous Improvement mindset, confident.
- Regular travel and stay at our Akyem and Ahafo sites will be required.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to email@example.com
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED