APPLY HERE: Joint recruitment by Ministry of Food and Agriculture and Market Oriented Programme
The Market Oriented Agriculture Programme in the North-West of Ghana (MOAP-NW) is implemented jointly with the ministry of Food and Agriculture (MoFA) in 14 districts (all 11 districts of the upper West Region, plus two districts of Sawla-Tuna-Kalba and North Gonja in the Savannah Region and one district of Mamprugu Moagduri in North East Region).
The programme supports the following value chains: Sorghum and Rice, Groundnut and Soya, Cashew and Mango, and Vegetables. MOAP’s objective is to improve the quality of agricultural produce and to strengthen the competitiveness of agro- based value chains.
Job title: National Long-Term Expert for Agricultural Inputs and Crop Protection Extension
The National Long-Term Expert(NLTE) for Agricultural Inputs and Crop Protection Extension will work under the MOAP Programme Outputs focusing on private sector development. The NLTE will be part of the technical team based in Wa. The work focuses on the network of inputs suppliers, building their capacity to provide technically sound and professional services. It cuts across the seven value chains regarding good agricultural practices, inputs supply and crop Protection.
There will be close interaction with other components of the EU programme for Productive Agriculture in the Northern Savanna Ecological Zone. As a specific responsibility, the NLTE will contribute to the realisation of the following key indicator:
“65% of clients of 50 selected agro-input dealers who provide agricultural advice are satisfied with the quality of the service”.
* B.Sc./M.Sc in Agriculture, Agricultural Technology, Agricultural Sciences; ideally with specialisations in both soil sciences and crop Protection
* At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
* Very good understanding of agricultural development issues.
*Excellent product knowledge of agricultural inputs used and potentially important for use in production in the focus seven value chains for MOAP in North-West Ghana
* Good knowledge on the safe and effective use of pesticides
* Sound knowledge on Integrated Pest Management
* Knowledge of the production and utilisation of natural pesticides, particularly those derived from neem (Azadirachta indica Juss)
* Strong experience in agricultural value chain development and effective collaboration with the private and public sector
* Experience with results-based monitoring and report writting
* Experience with working in a multi-cultural environment, with good interpersonal relationship and negotiation skills
*Good working knowledge of the Upper West, Savannah and North-East Regions of Ghana
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application consisting of a cover letter and an updated CV. Women are especially encouraged to apply. These documents shall be sent to [email protected]
Not later than 15th November, 2019.