Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for World Vision International Recruitment 2020.
- Company: World Vision International
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To support the R2R Global Manager Tower 2 in managing the day-to-day operations within the tower in performing reconciliations & analysis and account-end processes – preparation of financial information and GL close reporting; as requested by customers, timely and correctly according to Month End and Year End calendar deliverables, by ensuring the compliance of all internal controls, Partnership Finance Manual and General Accounting principles.
- Supervises and coordinates the tasks and deliverables of General Ledger Accountants in performing reconciliations & analysis and account-end processes – preparation of financial information and GL close reporting (including, but not limited to, bank reconciliations, 300 account and balance sheet accounts reconciliations, aging analysis, review & post journals, adjustment, reversal & reclassifications, direct charges monitoring & maintenance, and period-end activities) ensuring accuracy, completeness, timeliness and consistency with WV policies.
- Support the R2R Global Manager Tower 2 in staff development and training.
- Conduct performance reviews; coach and mentor staff members; identify and support development needs and trainings.
- Act as back-up and/or the lead of the team on behalf or absence of the R2R Global Manager Tower 2.
- Act as Tier 2 for requests, issues, questions or concerns raised for Tower 2 (i.e. resolving outstanding reconciling items, missing documents for aged accounts, issues on exchange rate, etc.), and assign the same to team members, as appropriate.
- Review bank, 300 account and balance sheet accounts reconciliations, ensuring outstanding and reconciling items are cleared on a timely basis.
- Review and follow-up Aging Analysis of balance sheet accounts for reporting, including monitoring of late or outstanding balances.
- Support and review period end activities- NOs monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports in the FFR database.
- Support continuous improvement processes and the development of better tools to strengthen General Accounting operations including global initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor´s degree with a major in accounting, finance, or business administration.
- Minimum 3 year of experience supervising a team.
- Good command of written and spoken business English.
- Knowledgeable of general accounting standards, account reconciliations & analysis and period-end closing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Demonstrates leadership and effectively manage subordinates.
- Ability to perform and direct root cause analysis over various outstanding accounts.
- Customer focused and service delivery oriented.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) including internal controls.
- Proficient in MS Office applications and any accounting ERP solutions.
- At least 3 or more years of progressive experience in General Ledger (Record to Report) processes.
- Ability to develop and promote teamwork in a virtual team environment.
- Knowledge on continuous improvements.
- Six Sigma certification preferred (yellow or green belt).
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Good analysis skills.
- Practical problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with other team members.
- Flexibility to changing situations.
- Pro-active and innovative with ideas to improve processes/ services.
- Experience working within a Shared Service environment, preferable.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED