Project Administrative Officer vacancies at EPA
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is seeking to recruit suitable qualified persons for the positions for the National Adaptation Project (NAP) Ghana Project.
POSITION: PROJECT ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
The Government of Ghana, through the Environmental Protection Agency, Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation, has successfully obtained a grant of USD 2,950,634 from the Green Climate Fund (GCF) for a three-year project to build capacity to advance National Adaptation Plan (NAP) process in Ghana. The UN Environment is the Delivery Partner for the project, with the role of supporting and overseeing the project implementation.
The project entitled “Enhancing multi-sector planning and capacity for effective adaptation in Ghana” will be implemented by a small project team headed by a National Coordinator. The new NAP project will support multi-sectoral, medium- to long-term adaptation planning and budgeting in Ghana and promote the integration of climate change adaptation aspects into development planning processes and policies.
The key positions required under the project are:
PROJECT ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (PAO)
The PAO will work under the direct supervision of the National Coordinator for the Ghana National Adaptation Plan (NAP) project to ensure the achievement of the expected Outcomes and Outputs of the NAP project as set in the approved GCF Funding Proposal document and the Project Cooperation Agreement (PCA) between the Environmental Protection Agency of the Ministry of Environment, Science, Technology and Innovation (MESTI) and UN Environment.
S/he will be responsible for the overall administration and/or additional support of the project (contractual, organizational, financial, logistical, etc.).
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Administrative Officer will work in close collaboration with the Project Accountant, Gender and M&E Specialist, (and any other person the project may recruit) for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme/project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNEP/EPA programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, es well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plans;
- Maintain project correspondence and communication;
- collect, register, archive and maintain all information on project activities:
- Assist the Project Coordinator in advising all project counterparts on applicable administrative procedures and ensures their proper application:
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of progress reports;
- Prepare agendas and arrange field visits, appointments arid meetings both internal and external related to the project activities and write minutes from the meetings:
- Maintain project filing system;
- Prepare routine correspondence and memoranda for Project Coordinator’s signature.
- Receive, screen and distribute correspondence and attach necessary background information;
- Provide support to consultants and other clients in the implementation of their tasks for the achievement of project results (communication, contracts, agenda, visas, hotel reservations, etc);
- Maintain records on all project personnel and consultants and their respective status (contracts, TORs, time and attendance – if appropriate, etc.) in accordance with accepted policies and procedures;
- Assist in logistical organization of meetings (including project steering committee meetings), training and workshops;
- Draft minutes of Project Steering Committee and other project related meetings.
- Work in close collaboration with the Project Accountant regarding follow-ups on timely disbursements by UNEP of project funds into project accounts operated by EPA;
- Assist in the preparation of payments requests for operational expenses. salaries, insurance, against project budgets and work plans;
- Monitor project activities, budget and financial expenditures and maintain a proper record of approved project budgets and their revisions;
- In close collaboration with the Project Accountant, prepare and submit expenditure and programme budget status reports;
- In close collaboration with the Project Accountant, advise and assist international and national consultants on all aspects of allowances. travel claims and other financial matters and calculate payments due for claims and services;
- Undertake other administrative and financial tasks on an ad hoc basis assigned by the project coordinator.
- Assist in procurement in accordance with the Work Plan a for the procurement of equipment, supplies and services as and when necessary;
- Ensure that contractual processes follow the stipulated UNEP and/or Government of Ghana procedures;
- Maintain records over project equipment inventory/asset register;
- Perform other procurement duties as assigned.
The incumbent must demonstrate commitment to EPA’s mission, vision and values. S/he must display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability:
Knowledge Management and Learning
The incumbent most be willing to share knowledge and experience of the project impleme tation with stakeholders within the confines of the PGA. S/he most actively work towards r uous personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Proven ability to problem-solving, and think creatively to develop and implement smar business solutions in a challenging socio-economic environment;
- Ability to establish and maintain contacts with senior-level officials in the country:
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential part of the job;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, is required to obtain, eva! and interpret factual data and to prepare accurate and complete reports and other do
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive. constructive attitude;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- The incumbent must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or relay field. A post-graduate qualification, (preferably a Master’s degree) in the field of Busin. Administration will be an added advantage;
- At least 7 years post qualification (for bachelor degree holders) and 5 years post qua’, tion (for master degree holders) experience in administration is required;
- Excellent computer skills, in particular mastery of all applications of the MS Office pa,
- Excellent written communication skills are a must.
Salary is commensurate with background and experience.
Interested and eligible persons are to submit their application letters and Curriculum Vitae following address:
THE AG. EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY
P 0. BOX M 326
Closing date for submission of applications: Wednesday, 4th March 2020
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED