EduSpots Ghana Latest Job Openings
Job Title: Head Of Fundraising
EduSpots is a UK and Ghanaian registered NGO which connects, trains and equips local volunteers to drive sustainable community-led change through education centres named Spots. Together, we are creating a movement of community educators.
Since 2016, through working with over 200 local volunteers, we have supported nearly 50 communities in creating community-led education centres named ‘Spots’, with an aim to move them towards our ‘Dream Spot Model’. Our Ghanaian team creates collaborative learning opportunities through our Ignite and Community Leadership in Development Programme alongside training to lead our EduLit & EduSTEM clubs, alongside locally designed education projects.
We won the Tes International Award in 2018 for the best UK international education project and in 2021 our Founder was a Finalist in The Varkey Foundation’s Global Teacher Prize, supported by UNESCO.
- Location: Home-based
- Reporting to: The Chair of Trustees/ CEO
- Remuneration: Dependent on experience, all applications welcome
- Hours: 16 hours (2 days) per week to be worked flexibly
- Contract Type: Freelancer / Self-employed
About this role
We are looking for an engaging and dynamic fundraising professional, with a proven track record of income generation, to take on this new role.
Reporting to the CEO/Chair, you will take on the responsibility for growing our income generation from trusts and foundations, as well as working with the team to consolidate our work with a strong network of partnerships with schools, corporates and individuals who will contribute effectively to our overall annual income targets. Working closely with our UK Finance Officer (Volunteer) you will oversee the management of our successful grants portfolio, ensuring tracking and monitoring spend, as well as providing comprehensive and timely reporting to funders.
This is an exciting and flexible opportunity for someone who is passionate about making a difference, and who can bring their extensive skills and experience to this small but far-reaching global education charity.
EduSpots is an equal opportunities employer and is also committed to the safeguarding of children & vulnerable adults. Appointment will be subject to child protection screening appropriate to the post.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The key responsibilities of this role are to:
Trust and Foundations
- Firstly, Maximise income generation from trusts, foundations and other grant makers in order to meet income targets.
- Secondly, Research and compile information on new trusts and foundations that fit with EduSpots’ work.
- Thirdly, Developing relationships with the new grant-makers and preparing information including requirements for application and deadlines.
- Moreover, Maintain and develop ongoing relationships with existing grant-makers to maximise ongoing funding support.
- Additionally, Develop and maintain our fundraising database to track and monitor applications, outcomes, reporting requirements etc.
- Furthermore, Work with the UK and Ghana team to identify projects, programmes and areas of work suitable for grant funding.
- Then, Develop funding proposals and applications, working with the Chair and liaising with the UK and Ghana delivery team as required, in order to do this.
- Lastly, Work with the Chair and wider team to compile reporting data that meets the requirements and deadlines of the funder.
- Building on the existing network, develop a strong network of income generating partnerships with corporates, schools and individuals who contribute to achieving our annual income targets.
- Identify, develop and promote sponsorship opportunities that are attractive to key partners and that achieve income generation for specific projects and programmes.
- Set up and develop our relationships database of donors and sponsors, ensuring information is accurately recorded and tracked.
- Oversee all communications with donors and sponsors to ensure sustained engagement with our work.
- Ensure all administrative tasks relating to the role are carried out accurately.
- To comply at all times with the organisation’s policies, procedures and performance expectations of staff as set out in the Staff and Volunteers Handbook.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required under the role.
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, Fundraising, or any related field (preferably a master’s degree).
- 3-5 years of fundraising experience.
- Previous experience in sales or marketing also acceptable.
- Sound knowledge of the charity sector.
- Experience managing a team.
- Excellent written, verbal, and telephonic communication skills.
How To Apply for EduSpots Ghana Latest Job
Please send your CV along with a tailored covering letter explaining your interest in EduSpots and how your skills, experience and attributes meet the criteria we are looking for.
Please send your application to Cat Davison, EduSpots Founder & Chair, by email to [email protected]
Deadline for applications: Monday 12th September 2022
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOBS AVAILABLE
- Progress Savings and Loans Invites Job Applications
- Job Vacancy at Valley View University
- CARE Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- Visa Solutions Healthcare Job Opportunity
- Exciting Career Opportunity at InEvent
- Latest Employment Opportunity at Halliburton
- New Internship Opportunity at Siemens
- Latest Job Recruitment at Enterprise Life
- Ernest & Young Announces New Job Opportunity
- Underground Mining Alliance Job Vacancy
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED