GNPC Operating Services Company Limited (GOSCO) is currrently the Operator of the Offshore South-West Tano Licence in Ghana. The company is looking for a Logistic Manager for 1 year contract
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure adequate resources are established and maintained to facilitate planning / execution of logistics operations in support of well operations to the required company standard
- Produce project specific Logistics Plan
- Review and update of company logistics policies and procedures (as/when required) to ensure that legislation / regulations are being adhered to and where company may benefit from the use of industry best practices.
- Ensure customs clearance and permit requirements are understood and adhered to for both the country of export and the country of import.
- Manage / support the GOSCO Logistics team in delivering the operations in a safe and cost-effective manner.
- Overall responsibility for the day-to-day management of personnel and operations at the Supply Base.
- Ensure a fit for purpose and effective supply base facility that matches operations requirements.
- Manage marine operations, including inbound/outbound material and equipment movements in line with operational and project requirements.
- Manage personnel transportation, including in-country aviation operations and in-country personnel vehicles.
- Manage performance reporting across all aspects of Logistics, including budget, service levels and compliance.
- Maintenance of rental equipment and inventory management / tracking systems to track the movements and location of all company and service contractor equipment and materials between the supply base, drilling units and subsequent returns to contractors.
- Participate in daily operations calls / be available for operational call-out on an as required basis twenty-four (24) hours per day.
- Overall budget responsibility for Logistics expenditure.
- Responsible for preparing the logistics element of the annual WP&B.
- Responsible for delivery of the logistics operations in line with budget approval. Verification of logistics related invoices.
- Responsible for reporting cost performance against budget on an ongoing basis.
- Manage 3rd party compliance with GOSCO HSEMS ensuring vehicles and plant are in compliance with required standards.
- Assist with GOSCO / 3rd party supply base visits and HSE audits (to demonstrate company commitment to HSE to all parties).
- Diploma in logistics and supply chain management or equivalent (preferred) IATA Approved Dangerous Goods by Sea and Air formal qualification
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish good working relationships with team. Proficient with IT and industry software
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant oilfield experience in a similar role.
- Experience working in remote locations.
- Experience working in a small / start -up company environment.
- Familiarity with applicable industry and government safety, health standards and regulations.
- Experience preparing Logistics Plans for single string / remote operations.
- Broad experience of C & P procedures including preparation of scopes of work, tender evaluation and preparing recommendations for award.
- Broad operational experience in offshore supply base operations, supply vessel operations and limitations. —
- Ability to perform a dual role of Logistics Manager (planning) and Base Manager (operations)
- Strong leadership skills / calm and decisive under pressure / action oriented.
- Technical confidence and independence / unafraid to understand and address issues.
- Excellent communication skills / good communicator internally and externally / ability ro influence others
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their CVs to
by close of business 23rd March, 2020
ONLY shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED