GERMANY STUDENT VISA REQUIREMENTS, ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA, AND THE APPLICATION STEPS
In recent decades, Germany has attracted a large number of talented students from all over the world to enroll at one of its renowned universities. With more than 15,000 distinct study options offered by its 300 educational institutions, the European nation draws many international students each year.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR A GERMAN STUDENT VISA?
- Germany only allows EEA/EU people to study there without a visa. However, two weeks after arriving in Germany, all must register at the neighborhood Residents’ Registration Office and Aliens’ Registration Office.
- Outside the EEA/EU, nationals of other nations must apply for a German student visa.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR A GERMAN STUDENT VISA
To apply for one of the German Study Visas, you must provide the following documentation:
- Complete application for a student visa to Germany.
- A current passport. It should include at least one blank page and be valid for another six months after your date of departure from Germany.
- Also, proving your civic status
- Passport-size photographs
- Copies of any earlier visas you may have.
- Evidence of lodging in Germany.
- Proof of student health insurance coverage for the duration of the stay in Germany
- Application for Language Course a letter of motivation for taking the language course is required for a visa.
- Lastly, an Academic resume
WHEN TO APPLY FOR A GERMAN STUDENT VISA
To prevent potential delays, the German Student Visa application and all other paperwork should be submitted at least eight weeks before the date of departure to Germany.
WHERE CAN ONE SUBMIT THEIR GERMAN STUDENT VISA APPLICATION
A German student visa must be requested at the German Consulate or Embassy in your nation. Throughout the whole visa application procedure, your passport shall remain at the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application.
You will need to start the application process over if you need to cancel your passport for any reason, including travel.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A GERMAN STUDENT VISA
The actions listed below must be completed to apply for a German student visa:
- To begin. complete the application for a student visa to Germany.
- Secondly, gather the necessary paperwork.
- Make a rendezvous time.
- Visit the visa application facility for an interview.
- Pay the student visa fee and provide your biometrics.
- Finally, await the processing of your application.
ON ARRIVING IN GERMANY WITH A STUDENT VISA
You can visit Germany without restriction if you have a student visa. There are procedures you must complete after you arrive in Germany to legalize your stay.
- First and foremost, register your German address. The registration office in Germany that is most convenient for your residence is where you ought to register your address.
- Additionally, request a student residence permit for Germany. You must apply for your German student residence permit after registering your address.
CAN ONE WORK IN GERMANY WITH A STUDENT VISA?
With a German study visa, international students are permitted to work in Germany while pursuing their education, although the amount of hours they can work is limited.
- In Germany, EU/EEA, and Switzerland citizens are permitted to work up to 20 hours per week without restriction during the academic year.
- International students are also permitted to work, however, they are limited to 120 full days or 240 half days per year.
- After completing their studies, however, international students with residence permits who wish to work in Germany may extend their permits for up to 18 months.
- Graduates from EEA/EU nations are also free to remain and look for employment without any restrictions.
Visit NewsNowGh for more articles geared toward international students.
- VISA: GERMANY LONG-STAY WORKING VISA
- BELGIUM WORK VISA – COMPLETE GUIDE
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES (UAE) WORK VISA
- POLAND TEMPORARY RESIDENCE PERMIT
- EB3 VISA: UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA) SKILLED & UNSKILLED WORKERS VISA
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED