March 11th, 2020 at 09:05 am
THE FINANCE OFFICER
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Finance Officer is the Chief Accounting Officer of the College and Chief Financial Advisor to the Principal.
- He/She has the responsibility for the administration of the financial affairs of the College that will ensure its financial health and he/she exercises direct supervision over all accounting officers.
- He/She is responsible for collecting all legitimate revenue due the College.
- The Finance Officer exercises control over expenditure in line with the College’s objectives and budgets.
- He/She has the duty of preparing the annual budget of the College for presentation to the appropriate governing body for approval and implementation.
- The Finance Officer is also responsible for ensuring that the financial statements of the College are drawn up in accordance with the law establishing the Colleges, the Statues, applicable accounting standards and all other Regulations approved by the Colleges as well as all other national laws; and liaises with the appointed external auditors to get the College’s financial statements audited.
Qualification and Experience:
Applicant must hold first degree or comparable qualification plus a professional qualification or a master’s degree in the relevant area:
- He/She must have served as Deputy Finance Officer in a College of Education or comparable grade in a similar institution/ organisation for at least four (4) years.
- In addition, applicant must be analytical, critical, result-oriented, innovative and visionary among others.
- Possess hands-on ability to work independently.
- Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Possess strong IT skills and familiarity with accounting
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicant should attach updated eight (8) hard copies of Curriculum Vitae, Covering Letter, Current pay slip; two (2) copies of sealed recommendation letters and Photocopies of Certificates to their letters and address to:
THE CHAIR OF SEARCH COMMITTEE
c/o WESLEY COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
P. 0. BOX 1927
DEADLINE: All applications should reach the address above at or before 5:00 pm on Thursday, 30th April, 2020
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED