About the Role
You are an experienced, hands-on senior Node.js engineer eager to participate in engineering and maintaining the next generation of Worldreader’s software, visited by millions of users a month.
You’ll have your hands in our backend systems, be responsible for code health and ongoing evolution, and will take care of the entire lifecycle of the different systems.
Most importantly, the products you develop are used globally to help children and adults learn and improve their reading skills.
This role is located in Accra with the option to work remotely from another location in Ghana; applicants must have the authorization to work in Ghana.
The ideal candidate has proven experience in implementing web applications across the full stack, including deployment to the cloud.
About the Team
The software team is charged with developing Worldreader products used by more than 500,000 readers every month.
These include a web application, multiple Android apps, in-house book management tools, and supporting backends.
We use a wide range of technologies and work at scale, handling over 4M web visitors a month and our redshift database has grown to over 350M rows.
Our teams are distributed across continents and we offer remote work preferences.
This position will report to the Backend Lead. You will preferably be based in Accra, Ghana.
Engineering and Information Technology Innovation
- Participate in architecting our next-generation tools
- Develop and maintain major parts of our Node.js APIs
- In-house expert in all things Node.js both language and toolchain
- Model and support the streamlining of a unified/consistent coding best practice.
- 4+ years of professional experience as a software engineer.
- 2+ years of experience with Node.js backend development.
- Proven experience successfully building software at scale.
- Experienced with the full application life cycle from design through coding, testing, deployment, and support.
- Comfortable with SQL databases.
- English language proficiency; intermediate or above.
Nice to Have
- Strong understanding of the different layers of a web stack.
- Familiarity with cloud computing (either Azure or AWS).
- Experience with a CI approach to software development.
- Experience in Angular or React.
- Comfortable with both AWS and Azure.
- Degree/certificate in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field(s).
Method Of Application
Closing Date: Ongoing
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED