Exciting Career Opportunity at Palladium
Pharmaceutical Park Expert at Palladium
The vision of the Ministry for the industrial sector is to make Ghana the new manufacturing hub in Africa. In this regard, a Ten-Point Industrial Transformation Plan is being implemented by the Government of Ghana comprising of the following:
- National Industrial Revitalization Programme with Stimulus Package
- One District One Factory (1D1F) Initiative
- Strategic Anchor Industries Initiative
- Industrial Parks and Special Economic Zones Initiative
- Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Development
- Industrial Sub-Contracting Exchange
- Export Development Programme
- Enhancing Domestic Retail Infrastructure
- Improving the Business Environment through Business Regulatory Reforms
- Improving Public-Private Sector Dialogue.
The initial focus of the GoG-FCDO Jobs and Economic Transformation (JET) Project is to support Government to implement specific initiatives that attract investment into strategic anchor industries and create new growth poles in the Ghanaian economy for significant job creation through integration into global supply chains and the development of local content suppliers. They include:
- Automotive Assembly and Components Manufacturing Industry
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Garments and Textiles Industry
Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Policy (PMP)
Ghana’s pharmaceutical sector is the second largest in the West Africa sub-region after that of Nigeria. Pharmaceuticals manufactured in Ghana have potential for growth in both export and import substitution. However, in order to diversify and expand the range of products, there is an urgent need to scale up production capacity and enhance quality standards and regulatory compliance.
The current state of the sector is summarized as follows:
- One (1) large scale state-of-the-art WHO yet to be Certified GMP manufacturing company ready to be commissioned.
- Fourteen (14) pharmaceutical manufacturing companies have expanded their productive capacities and increased supplies to both domestic and export markets.
- National Pharmaceutical Development Strategy document drafted in consultation with key stakeholders in the industry.
- Draft Policy Framework in preparation for pharmaceutical manufacturing.
The objective of Government for the sector is to further develop Ghana into a reputable manufacturing hub for pharmaceutical products and active pharmaceutical ingredients for both the West African and African markets.
WHO-GMP Prequalification can increase access to international tenders financed by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (Global Fund), Global Drug Facility (GDF), UNFPA, UNAIDS, Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), UNICEF and other organizations, who are increasingly harmonizing their procurement policies to stipulate that medicines procured with their funds must meet WHO quality-assurance standards.
The critical interventions required to achieve government’s objectives for the sector are to:
- Provide financial assistance to upgrade leading (first tier) pharmaceutical companies to achieve WHO Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standard.
- Provide management and technical assistance to enhance operational efficiency in selected existing second tier pharmaceutical companies.
- Provide support to a reputable medical research institution to establish a Bioequivalence Centre to support the pharmaceutical industry.
- Develop a comprehensive Policy and Incentive Framework to expand and diversify the pharmaceutical sector and promote investment in API manufacturing as well as the development of local raw materials, e.g. starch, ethanol, chemicals from the petroleum and chlor-alkali industries.
- Prepare proposals and arrange investment deals for pharmaceutical manufacturers in Ghana, under joint venture or technology licensing agreements.
- Conduct feasibility studies and prepare/promote investment proposals for the establishment of an Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) Manufacturing Facility in Ghana.
- Develop the Conceptual Design, Project Development Plan, and the Operational and Management Framework for a Pharmaceutical and Wellness Industrial Park.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CONSULTING ASSIGNMENT
The Consultant appointed shall be required to put together a team of very competent and most suitable professional personnel and supporting staff with considerable working experience to undertake the consulting exercise for the Concept Design, Project Development Proposal and Operational and Management Framework for a Pharmaceutical and Wellness Industrial Park.
In a bid to ensure that the Concept Design, Project Development Proposal, Operational and Management Framework processes are successfully executed, the Consultant must put in place a pragmatic system of quality assurance procedures to effectively organize all team players and stakeholders involved in the process.
This should be aimed at creating an unyielding and continued effort by all involved to understand, meet and exceed the requirements of the Client in particular and the society at large.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The Ministry of Trade and Industry is therefore seeking to engage the services of a Consulting Firm with expertise in undertaking consultancy services in the development of industrial parks specifically for the Pharmaceutical Industry.
The Consultant shall carry out the following services:
- Concept Development of an appropriate and conducive
- Physical Infrastructure Master Plan, taking into account Health, Safety and Environmental concerns and sustainability
- Financial and Economic/Socio-economic Framework,
Project Development Proposal
The Services Required from Consultants include:
- Planning and Outlays
- Estimated Common Services and Outlays
Financial and Economic/Socio-Economic Framework
Financial Modelling for services and management
The Consultant is expected to submit the following documents upon completion of work:
- Concept Physical Infrastructure Design and Master Plan
- Phasing Development Proposals
- Operational and Management Framework
- Financial Modeling for Services and Management
- Risks and Mitigation Factors
The duration of the contract will be for three (3) months, and completion shall be subject to satisfactory performance.
The Senior Technical Expert shall report to the Minister for Trade and Industry through the Chief Director as well as the Sector Lead (SL) of JET Project. The Expert shall submit weekly reports to the Chief Director/SL.
All reports must be written in English and forwarded to the Technical Support Agency for comments and quality assurance.
The Expert for this Career Opportunity at Palladium must have a proven track record of industrial park development.
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status. Career Opportunity at Palladium
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
How to Apply for this Career Opportunity at Palladium
Click here to read more and apply
Closing Date: 5th June 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- Lastly, A security company Invites Job Applications
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED