March 9th, 2020 at 09:11 am
Responsible for the design and management of the organisation’s database architecture to ensure secure access and availability in accordance with business needs
- Manage the organisations database technologies and associated schemas to allow secure, efficient and effective access to the organisation`s structured data
- Review and revise processes and procedures to enhance efficiency of access to users and systems
- Plan and implement regular system upgrades to enhance service continuity and user experience
- Create and manage multiple databases and assist in capacity planning
- Monitor, Maintain database systems and troubleshoot and fix problems that may arise
- Maintain data integrity and security (manage roles and permissions of all database users)
- Develop strategies and implement solutions for data retention and replication to disaster recovery sites
- Create and manage constraints and indexes
- Support software developers with database operations including the development of complex SQL, tuning of DML and creation of stored procedures
- Setup and maintain database infrastructure for the company`s BI needs
- Learn relevant business processes and understand the data flow, criticality and dependencies
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with all stakeholders (internal teams and vendors)
- Responsibility for health checks, tablespace and log management
- Backup & Recovery.
- Responsibility for providing support in Testing and Deployment of new components.
- Providing technical support across the Database Estate
- Database encryption management in line with GDPR
- Responsibility for Engineered Database Systems (Exadata, FusionCube, etc.)
- Accountable for Documentation of all changes across the Database Estate
- Required to take decisions best suited for the stability of the Database environment during instability.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience with Oracle & MsSql Database administration & Support
- 2-4 years’ experience with database Clustering
- 2-4 years’ experience with Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology (SMART)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to work well in a team in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
HOW TO APPLY
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED