Responsible for the design and management of the organisation’s database architecture to ensure secure access and availability in accordance with business needs
- Manage the organisations database technologies and associated schemas to allow secure, efficient and effective access to the organisation`s structured data
- Review and revise processes and procedures to enhance efficiency of access to users and systems
- Plan and implement regular system upgrades to enhance service continuity and user experience
- Create and manage multiple databases and assist in capacity planning
- Monitor, Maintain database systems and troubleshoot and fix problems that may arise
- Maintain data integrity and security (manage roles and permissions of all database users)
- Develop strategies and implement solutions for data retention and replication to disaster recovery sites
- Create and manage constraints and indexes
- Support software developers with database operations including the development of complex SQL, tuning of DML and creation of stored procedures
- Setup and maintain database infrastructure for the company`s BI needs
- Learn relevant business processes and understand the data flow, criticality and dependencies
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with all stakeholders (internal teams and vendors)
- Responsibility for health checks, tablespace and log management
- Backup & Recovery.
- Responsibility for providing support in Testing and Deployment of new components.
- Providing technical support across the Database Estate
- Database encryption management in line with GDPR
- Responsibility for Engineered Database Systems (Exadata, FusionCube, etc.)
- Accountable for Documentation of all changes across the Database Estate
- Required to take decisions best suited for the stability of the Database environment during instability.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience with Oracle & MsSql Database administration & Support
- 2-4 years’ experience with database Clustering
- 2-4 years’ experience with Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology (SMART)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to work well in a team in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
HOW TO APPLY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE