December 27th, 2019 at 10:44 pm
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Christian Children’s Fund of Canada Recruitment for Strategic Partner.
Christian Children’s Fund of Canada is a Canadian charity that aims to improve the quality of life for children, families, and communities in developing countries in five key areas: health and nutrition;
- Company: Christian Children’s Fund of Canada
- Location: Ghana
- State: Tamale
- Job type: Full-Time
Christian Children’s Fund of Canada, Ghana Country Office;
Christian Children’s Fund of Canada (CCFC), commenced work in Ghana in 1996 in Tamale in the Northern Region. We currently work in 9 districts of Northern and Upper East regions covering a total of 72 communities in partnership with local NGOs.
Our Vision, Mission, and Values
- Vision: We dream of a world where every child has a voice and the ability to achieve their full potential.
- Mission: Christian Children’s Fund of Canada creates a future of hope for children, families, and communities by helping them develop the skills and resources to overcome poverty and injustice.
- Values: Across our work, we aim to uphold the values of results, respect, integrity, teamwork and excellence.
- Results: With a global perspective, we take strategic action to positively transform the lives of children, families and communities.
- Respect: We champion the rights, dignity and value of all people. We treat others as we want them to treat us.
- Integrity: We are honest and trustworthy in all our actions. Our actions are consistent with our vision and mission.
- Teamwork: We combine diverse expertise and personal initiative, creating a powerful synergy to accomplish our shared goals.
- Excellence: We continually innovate and challenge ourselves to achieve the highest-quality results.
Christian Children’s Fund of Canada (CCFC) seeks strategic partnership with a local Non-Governmental Organization operating in the Northern and/Upper East Region of Ghana for the implementation of its program in North East Gonja, Saboba, Builsa North and Kasena-Nankana West districts.
Our Intervention Areas:
- Child Sponsorship
- Health and Nutrition
- Water Sanitation and Hygiene
- Gender equality
- Child Protection, Safeguarding and Participation
Our Pathways of Change
Our global community works alongside children to:
- Support thriving communities. We believe strong communities raise healthy, educated children.
- Advance child rights and protection. We believe education empowers children to know their rights and overcome injustice.
- Promote equality for girls. We believe real progress begins when all children have equal opportunities to learn.
- Partner with children for change. We believe child participation creates active, engaged young citizens.
Objectives of the New Partnership
- Build local capacity and ensure sustainability of Christian Children’s Fund of Canada programs.
- Make use of local content, cultural and traditional practices that will benefit the programing of Christian Children’s Fund of Canada.
- Ensure efficient use of resources by leveraging resources of CCFC and the local partner for the benefit of children and communities.
- Ensure timely, accountable and speedy delivery of program activities to children, families and communities.
- Ensure children are protected in an empowered community
- Promote the rights of vulnerable people (children, girls and women) by ensuring their needs are catered for through participation.
- Ensure efficient and effective management of sponsorship through faire enrolment of children and the use of robust IT innovative technology to achieve sponsor satisfaction.
Responsibilities of the new Partner
- Implement the Christian Children’s Fund of Canada program using the program approach aligned to the current strategies and priorities of the organization.
- Manage child sponsorship by transparent and fair criteria for enrolling and sustaining the interest of children in the program.
- Adequate IT systems to manage Bio Data of children and families and maintain confidential records for the purpose of the program.
- Ensuring youth and women participation in all CCFC program activities.
- Accounting for every child in the sponsorship program
- Keeping proper financial records of all funds transferred to the program
- Keeping records of all beneficiaries and accounting for them during audit and M&E verifications.
- Keeping all program assets acquired using CCFC funds safe.
- Protect and ensure vulnerable children and women are safe in the communities.
- Raise funds to support its own activities.
- Provide periodic plans and reports on all interventions
- Involve district/community stakeholders in program planning
- Ensure visibility of program interventions.
Required Skills or Experience
- The partner must be registered as a local Non Governmental Organization with all required registrations with the tax authorities and permission to receive oversee grants.
- The partner has a proven track record of working with children and poorer communities on child rights and child welfare issues.
- The partner must have been registered and operating for not less than 5 years prior to the publication of this expression of interest.
- The partner must have a proven record of work experience in at least two of the Districts being advertised (Builsa North, Kasena-Nankana, Saboba, and North East Gonja districts).
- The partner must have well-functioning administrative set up and systems that include:
- Functioning Board with high governance standards
- Finance/Administrative systems /policies with well-experienced team
- Program or Operations policies and systems (including requisite staff and transport)
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified Local Non-Governmental Organizations operating and residents in the Northern or Upper East Region until the 25th of January 2020.
Applicants should submit a statement about how they see their organizational vision, mission values, priorities are aligned with CCFC’s and its organizational strategies and attach copies of the following documentation:
- Legal Registration
- Capacity Statement – with information of its key achievements in the past 3-5 years related to Child protection programs/programming, demonstrable contribution to results in terms of Relevance and Quality of Design, Efficiency of Implementation, Effectiveness, Impact and Sustainability. The Organizations/Partner’s philosophy and approach to working with communities, staff capacity; key children issues worked on and known for; current program reach and donors and so on
- Address and contact details of 2 current or former donor organizations for reference check
- Financial Policy
- Human Resource Policy
- Annual reports including audit reports of last 3 years.
- Child Protection Policy
- Gender Strategy and Policy
- Latest Program Evaluation Reports.
How to Apply
Applications must be Marked “APPLICATION FOR CCFC PARTNERSHIP” and submitted to the address below:
THE OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR CHRISTIAN CHILDREN’S FUND OF CANADA (CCFC) GHANA COUNTRY OFFICE: CHOGGU BLOCK VI, BEHIND IPA/GARIBA LODGE NAA LURO ESTATE P. O. BOX 115, TAMALE N/R GHANA TEL: +233 (0) 3720-22004,
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED