CAN AIR CONDITIONING REALLY MAKE YOU SICK?
Having air conditioning at your home or at the workplace can be warming and beneficial yet harmful. Although doctors usually advise asthmatic and other allergic patients to stay under air conditioning, it can sometimes cause serious health problems. The health problems are not entirely from the air conditioning but through its interactions with our environment. Let’s look at some causes of Air conditioning sickness. AIR CONDITIONING SICKNESS
CAUSES OF AIR CONDITIONING SICKNESS
To begin with, is when your home or your office is very close to breeding grounds and bacteria growth. The air conditioning attracts these bacteria and circulates allergens in humans. The air conditioning is this, unable to clear these allergens and it starts to cause problems such as stuffy nose, sore throat, and even difficulty in breathing.
Additionally, Living and working in a very cold environment and also using air conditioning can cause headaches. It may produce long-term shivering that will go a long way to give you headaches and make you feel very tired. It can also cause serious sore muscles and joints or weakness.
Also, if your air conditioner is not well maintained, it can end up being a source of mold growth or a breeding ground for bacteria. As the air passes through your AC, these pollutants begin to escape into your room, and they go a long way to cause serious health issues.
SYMPTOMS OF AIR CONDITIONING SICKNESS
Below is a list of the most common air conditioning symptoms. When your begin to notice these symptoms, then you have to pay attention to your use of the air conditioning.
- Difficulty in breathing or Respiratory issues
- Cold or Sore throat
- Itchy skin
- Dry Eyes
- Continuous headache and dizziness
- Increased blood pressure
- Feeling very tired almost every day
- Heat Intolerance.
WAYS TO AVOID AIR CONDITIONING SICKNESS
Air conditioning can be warming but if you by chance get its related sickness, you will really be frustrated. Let’s look at some ways in which we can prevent air conditioning sicknesses.
- One of the best ways to avoid air conditioning sickness is to frequently schedule maintenance checkups on your air conditioning. Also, clean your filters regularly and make sure it is always clean to avoid the attraction of bacteria and mold.
- Also, try to maintain the ideal room temperature. You can do so by using a smart AC controller. These smart devices will enable you to set intelligent triggers and weekly schedules to maintain a comfortable temperature.
- More so, do not keep the air conditioning on for too long. Try to turn it off for some time and inhale the fresh natural air. Sometimes, being too much cold can suffocate you.
THE BOTTOM LINE
Air conditioning sicknesses can be really frustrating. Though the air conditioning can cause serious health issues, it is important to note that the air conditioning is not the sole culprit. Simply put, an air conditioner circulates the air in your room. If your space consists of pollutants, these pollutants will also easily disperse into your room. Then, these pollutants will end up triggering those health problems stated above.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED