Appolonia City is a 2,325-acre (941-hectare) mixed-use and mixed-income urban development in the Accra, Ghana. The project is being developed for residential properties, retail and other commercial centres, as well as schools, healthcare and other social infrastructure. World-class infrastructure is currently being put in place which includes water, electricity, tarred roads with storm water drains.
Residential sales are underway with the option of purchasing a serviced plot to do a self-build in Nova Ridge or acquire an existing house at the Oxford development. Appolonia Business Park offers 70 acres (30 hectares) of modern commercial areas with world-class infrastructure and estate management services. The park is designed to accommodate a range of uses including manufacturing, processing, storage, logistics and service companies.
Appolonia City is a project of Rendeavour, Africa’s largest urban land developer with over 30,000 acres of visionary projects in the growth trajectories of large cities in Kenya, Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia and Democratic Republic of Congo.
The Financial Controller, Ghana will be responsible for the planning, implementation, managing and running of all Ghana’s financial activities.
Other responsibilities include:
- Develop and control Ghana’s annual budget to ensure all financial targets are met and financial and statutory regulations are complied with;
- Manage the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and oversee the preparation of all financial reporting for Ghana;
- Coordinate and supervise annual third-party valuation of Rendeavour assets in Ghana;
- Prepare and maintain comprehensive financial and Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) models of all Rendeavour Ghana projects;
- Safeguard shareholder assets through appropriate internal controls and manage any financial risks;
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate all findings and recommendations.
- Flag all potential risks raised by auditors to the Group CFO and CEO or Country Head, Ghana and explore all mitigation;
- Prepare financial statements and oversee all audit processes through to completion;
- Oversee the preparation of the company’s accounts to ensure these are presented accurately and as required;
- Prepare reports to the Group CFO and CEO or Country Head, Ghana to be fed into the country and Group reports;
- Develop and implement an efficient tax strategy to maximize profits within the agreed tax laws of Ghana; ensure tax efficiency and compliance with all laws and tax aspects including but not limited to transfer pricing, withholding taxes, tax planning;
- Overall control of corporate banking relationships and maintain an integrated platform of all bank accounts to ensure seamless operations at all times;
- Responsibility for managing all investor relations through seeking investors and managing key relationships.
- Control of all payment processes in line with the Corporate Governance Handbook and budgets;
- Ensure statutory accounting is done properly and audited financial statement are submitted to the relevant authorities on time;
- Perform variance analysis for cash flows including but not limited to budget vs annual and budget vs forecast on a monthly basis;
- Monitor all procurement and land sale activities to ensure 100% compliance with CGHB;
- Maintain and develop all necessary policies and procedures to ensure sound financial management and control of the business;
- Provide results-focused leadership, direction and management for the Ghana finance team;
- Provide strategic recommendations on all financial matters and correspondence and advise on long-term business and financial planning;
- Establish and develop relations with other members of the senior management team; and
- All other related duties and responsibilities as required and as assigned.
Skills and experience:
- Chartered Accountant minimum with 7 – 10 years hands-on experience
- Big 4 accounting training/experience preferential
- Real Estate Investment experience preferential
- Internationally educated
- Ability to perform a complex Group consolidation
- Good understanding of IFRS
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (complex formulae, sensitivity analysis etc.)
- Overall responsibility for management of a finance department
- Excellent communication skills required for international Group and remote correspondence with finance team of 5+
- Cash flow forecast and analysis, budgeting
- KPI analysis and commentary of performance against budget, for quarterly board packs
- Financial modelling, scenario analysis and due diligence
- Lead correspondence with Auditors
- Ability to implement new accounting and/or reporting systems and internal controls Software: Sage or similar
- Very strong analytical skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, proven ability to present information clearly in a report or presentation to senior management;
- Good understanding of and ability to apply basic concepts in finance and economics;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Mature, pragmatic and flexible approach, good commercial judgment.
- Exceptional work ethic;
- Resilient; and
- Rigorous and organized.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV to [email protected] quoting ‘Financial Controller, Ghana’ as the subject.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
ASEM ABA! Lèåked tape of what Power Fm Journalist said about Akufo-Addo
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED