March 4th, 2020 at 01:16 pm
- Company: Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Ghana
- Prioritize important issues for review i.e. produce documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
- Devise and maintain office systems, including data management and filing.
- Co-ordinate all travel, visas and accommodation for Head of Conduct, Financial Crime and Compliance (CFCC) Ghana, other team members and visiting staff.
- Act independently with minimum supervision.
- Act as a liaison between Compliance and other Businesses i.e. being the first point of contact.
- Dealing with incoming email, telephone calls and post, often corresponding on behalf of the Head of CFCC
- Organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments for the Head of CFCC
- Screening enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate
- Responsible for maintaining the accounts and budgets of the department, i.e. ensuring all monthly expenditure are checked and are within budget.
- Stock control and ordering of office stationery, reviewing and monitoring invoices for payment.
- Preparing, monitoring and retiring claims of business expenses for the Head of CFCC
- Organising and attending meetings, preparing well-articulated minutes and ensuring the Head of CFCC Ghana is well prepared ahead of meetings.
- Proactively form credible relationships to influence relevant decision making.
- Support the team and assist in the smooth running of the department.
- Taking personal responsibility for understanding the Risk and Compliance requirements.
- Understanding and complying with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing anti-bribery and corruption, anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group’s policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
- Support the Senior Managers of CFCC in effective implementation of the Risk Management framework within the role remit.
- Communicate the Group’s values and code of conduct to the team and ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant significant compliance.
- Support the team in reviewing new business requirements and relevant significant Compliance programmes.
- Manage time, quality, scope and resources relating to Compliance programmes.
- Being involved in decision-making processes relating to Compliance projects.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Ghana CFCC team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Support relevant stakeholders in corresponding with the Bank of Ghana (BOG) and other relevant authorities.
- Head of CFCC, Ghana
- Other Business and Functional Heads
- CFCC Team in Ghana.
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in Ghana CFCC Team
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Method of Application
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED