- Company: Right To Play
- Location: Ghana
- State: Tamale
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
Right To Play is a global organization committed to improving the lives of children and youth affected by conflict, disease and poverty. Established in 2000, Right To Play has pioneered a unique play-based approach to learning and development which focuses on quality education, life skills, health, gender equality, child protection and building peaceful communities. With programming in over 20 countries, Right To Play transforms the lives of more than one million children each week using play and sports, both inside and outside of the classroom. In addition to our work with children, Right To Play advocates with parents, local communities, and governments to advance the fundamental rights of all children.
Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
The Project Officer reports directly to the Program Manager (PM) and is responsible for the effective administration of the project and reporting on the outcome to internal and external contacts as required.
Indirect Advisory Responsibilities
• The Project Officer provides direct advice and guidance to partners for effective implementation of Right To Play projects in the project location.
• Contributes to the formulation of the project strategies plans feeding into the overall country strategic plan.
• Prepares and leads the implementation plan of project activities from existing operational plan.
• Guides Field Facilitators on executing the activities in each project location.
• Ensures that activities are compliant with RTP methodology and standards.
• Oversees community events such as Play Days to promote topics/ issues related to their needs.
• Develops and strengthens understanding of our project management cycle with project staff and partners.
• Compiles reports received from the Field Facilitators and submits monthly activity reports to PM.
• Completes monthly budget projections and tracks expenditures.
• Participates in the planning of budget and tracks activity expenses occurred against cash projections.
• Procures project equipment (in coordination with Logistics Officer/Assistant where applicable), within authorization levels set in the In-Field Authorization Levels policy.
• Coordinates facility upgrades based on the needs of the project site.
• Arranges for storage and delivery of sport equipment to participating schools.
• Coordinates with other NGOs/CBOs to ensure participation in partner events.
• Monitors security situation in project location and reports to the PM.
• Follows up on logistics issues at project location and ensure assets, including project vehicles are maintained.
• Conducts performance appraisals for all direct reports and provides regular feedback on performance.
• Oversees performance of any contract staff such as security guards where applicable.
• Ensures staff understands and complies with policies of RTP.
• Assesses training needs of all direct reports with input from project staff, partners and stakeholders.
• Oversees training of coaches delivered by Field Facilitators and observes coaches’ performance for certification.
• Follows existing systems to reasonably safeguard the overall health, welfare and security of the project staff.
Networking, representation and partnership building
• Shares activity plans with local NGOs, CBOs (community-based organizations) and looks for synergies and opportunities to work together.
• Maintains a positive working relationship with Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Education and other Ministries and partners.
• Ensures implementation of Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) and agreements with local representation of Government, UN Agencies and partner organizations.
• Facilitates collaboration and networking with other organizations, government and other relevant institutions to enhance RTP visibility and project activities.
• Coordinates planning meetings with partners and represents RTP in various platforms.
• Facilitates participation of Athlete Supporters in project activities and events.
• Conducts an assessment survey to determine the NGOs that RTP could partner with and initiates partnerships.
• Ensures partners are in compliance with RTP Code of Conduct and Child Safeguarding policy.
Monitoring ad Reporting
• Visits project locations to oversee activities, events and collects information to report on performance outcomes.
• Works with school directors and teachers to develop their understanding of RTP’s monitoring and evaluation system as it relates to reporting on children and teachers actively involved in sport and play activities.
• Ensures accurate collection and timely submission of quantitative and quantitative monitoring information according to RTP monitoring tools.
• Submits regularly reports to PM and occasionally external stakeholders including Ministries, partners and donors.
• Provides quarterly updates of lessons learned and best practices to project team, stakeholders and the PM.
Planning and Organizing
• The incumbent is expected to plan his/her activities based on the established annual work plan. Consultation with partners would be required for activities schedules.
• The incumbent is also expected to organize meetings and events which require coordination with partners and/or other organizations.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Social Sciences or any related discipline.
• 3 years’ experience in project administration or community work including managing direct reports.
Competencies / Personal Attributes
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
• Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision
• Strong organizational and delegation skills
• Able to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks
• Strong development and team building skills
• Effective organization skills.
• Computer literacy in outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Internet
• Understand project management cycle
• Effective report writing and analytical skills
• Fluency in spoken and written English and local language(s).
Desired Qualifications (An Asset)
• Knowledge in child and/or adult education
• Knowledge in Sport for Development
• Experience developing and managing budgets
The incumbent is expected to follow established procedures and methods. Some problems will require analytic skills to identify ways to work within the limits and address needs at the same time.
• The incumbent is expected to manage the activities based on the approved budget and has approval ability as set by the In-Field Authorization Levels policy. He/she recommends purchasing equipment and other project-related expenses.
• Tracks expenses and decides on how to best spend remaining budget.
The incumbent is expected to share information with external stakeholders with input from Field Facilitators and approval from PM. He/she collects data and generates reports and newsletters that distributes within the country and region and occasionally all of RTP.
The incumbent is expected to identify changes that would benefit the community, project team or partners. The incumbent is expected to assess opportunities and recommend changes to improve communications within the country of operations.
The incumbent is expected to enhance relationships with partners by identifying needs and integrating them into activities as much as possible while providing support for maintaining great relationship.
Additional Job Conditions
The incumbent may be asked by the PM to provide support to other project locations/partners which may require travel to other project locations.
How to Apply
All applications should be sent through: GhanaHR@righttoplay.com • Please note this is a one year fixed Term Contract renewable. • This Position Is Based In Tamale – Ghana Closing Date: 29 February, 2020
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED