Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Graduate poultry farm manager job for an attractive salary.
Lexus Aggrey Farms LTD company ( L A farms) a start up a farm building up to be a leading company in agriculture and rural development through modern farming.
L A Farms is looking for an experienced or fast learner and hungry for success person for the position of FARM MANAGER. The person MUST be living or willing to live in Kasoa or within its environs
‘On-call’ work may be required because feeding equipment is in a continual 24-hour operation.
• Advises Service Technician on production requirements and condition of equipment and status of supplies.
• collecting, cleaning and sanitizing eggs.
• General poultry care including feeding and vaccinating chicken, cleaning and disinfecting all farmhouses, an inspection of the quality of litter shavings and nests in all the farmhouses, etc.
• supervises the maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment such as brooder houses, layer house, hatchery, breeding house, automatic feeders, waters, and layer nests.
• General animal husbandry practices such as adjusting control program as required, monitoring of ventilation of houses on the farms;
• Insures biosecurity measures are in place and followed.
• Ensures that egg and egg room sanitation procedures are followed.
• Accountable for implementing a rodent and vector control program on the farm;
• Prepares egg production, feed consumption, and chicken mortality reports
• Maintain accurate daily records regarding bag ingredient and production material/equipment
deliveries and bag feed production, inventory, and loading
• Inspect and monitor feed quality, weight, and packaging
Qualification Required & Experience
• Tertiary education in agriculture Animal science, experience in poultry production is a plus, not a must
• MANAGING PEOPLE -Ability to motivate, coach, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job
• PROBLEM SOLVING – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• ORAL & WRITTEN COMMUNICATION – Listens, gets clarification, interpret written information
• DEPENDABILITY – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• PROFESSIONALISM – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• SAFETY AND SECURITY – Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials proper
Location: Adjator (Jei-krodua) Awutu Senya constituency. Central region
MODE OF APPLICATION
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail and telephone contacts) to email@example.com
Please type in FARM MANAGER the subject line of the email.
Closing Date: 15.01.2020
Salary: very attractive
Only shortlisted applicant will be contacted
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED