Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Ghana Wildlife Society Recruitment 2020.
• The Project Coordinator will support the Project Manager to deliver GWS-specific work packages.
• The candidate must have strong field experience and skills in relevant aspects of conservation and sustainable land-use management and/ or sustainable agriculture, and have a strong proven record of coordinating conservation projects, with requisite operational, project, grant and financial management skills.
Project Coordinator, SIBCI
• The post-holder is expected to adopt a collaborative approach and will work closely with GWS colleagues in Damongo and Accra, Wildlife Division staff, national partners and other stakeholders on all aspects of his/her role.
• Key external relationships include Wildlife Division of the Forestry Commission, National Development Planning Commission, Regional Coordinating Council, District Assemblies District Assemblies (West Gonja/Gonja, North/Mamprusi-Muaduri/Sawla-Tuna-Kalba and Wa East), Environmental Protection Agency, Ministry of Agriculture, • NGOs and BirdLife Partners in Burkina Faso and Cote d’Ivoire.
• Responsible for: Coordination of all work packages under the GWS component of the project.
• Manage the effective implementation of the SIBCI Project, coordinating and supporting the inputs from consultants, field and Partner staff.
• Represent the SIBCI project in the Northern/Savannah and other regions, and manage the project team based in Damongo/Accra as directed by the Project Manager.
Project Team Management:
• Provide line management to project staff under the Ghana Wildlife Society component of the Project.
• Encourage a culture of excellent communication and collaboration among project team members.
• Coordinate and lead participatory development of quarterly and annual workplans.
• Work closely with Support Consultants to deliver specialized services within the project through development of TORs and review of reports.
• Work hand in hand with the M&E Specialist to manage and develop processes for the effective monitoring and evaluation of the project, ensuring timely adaptation as required to meet project objectives and timelines, and support the dissemination of lessons learnt.
• Ensure that excellent communication is maintained with the project team, and GWS Secretariat.
• Prepare project narrative and financial reports for the GWS Component, with support from Project Accountant and ensure timely and accurate technical, operational and donor and institutional reporting.
• Project management skills with proven experience in implementation of large-scale conservation/sustainable agriculture projects.
• Excellent leadership and people management skills, with ability to motivate and manage individuals
to achieve excellence.
• Proven grant financial and budget management skills.
• Strong technical skills relating to conservation/sustainable agriculture in conservation landscapes
• Proven ability to collaborate effectively with partner organisations, including governments, NGOs,
community groups and businesses.
• Strong verbal communication and diplomacy skills, with ability to present, negotiate and persuade at all levels with confidence and credibility, including supporting community engagement and relations with technical experts and government.
• Strong written communication skills, including report and proposal writing.
• A Masters’ degree or equivalent qualification in a conservation/natural resource management or relevant social/biological science field.
• Relevant experience of coordinating conservation projects (at least €100K).
• A strong technical background and understanding of a range of conservation issues, particularly
including protected area management, sustainable agriculture in conservation landscapes and conservation financing.
• Experience working with partners, government institutions and communities.
• A covering letter explaining why you are applying for the position and relating to your experience
and skills to the roles indicated in the application pack (include your salary expectations) in your
• Full CV and contact details for two referees Email your application to:
or deliver by hand to GWS addressing it to The
22 January, 2020
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED