- Company: Right To Play
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
Right To Play is a global organization committed to improving the lives of children and youth affected by conflict, disease and poverty. Established in 2000, Right To Play has pioneered a unique play-based approach to learning and development which focuses on quality education, life skills, health, gender equality, child protection and building peaceful communities. With programming in over 20 countries, Right To Play transforms the lives of more than one million children each week using play and sports, both inside and outside of the classroom. In addition to our work with children, Right To Play advocates with parents, local communities, and governments to advance the fundamental rights of all children.
Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
The Field Facilitator reports directly to the Project Officer (PO) and is responsible for the implementation of Right To Play project activities and providing support and guidance to the community team in using RTP tools in the project location. He/she is also responsible for monitoring the project for quality of delivery and effectiveness.
Activity Planning and Implementation
• Ensures participation of partners, children/young people and stakeholders in the process of project planning and implementation of the proposed activities.
• Supports Coaches and Coach Trainers in developing their activity plans and schedules, encourages their initiatives while ensuring alignment with project proposal, facilitates their activities and reports to the PO.
• Organizes and conducts special events activities, play days and sports tournaments.
• In coordination with partners, Coaches and Coach Trainers, evaluates events, provides updates of lessons learned and best practices and reports on progress and challenges as they arise.
• Manages the logistical arrangements for training workshops and events.
• Assesses training needs of Coach Trainers, Coaches, Junior Leaders, teachers and partners, recommends the suitable intervention and works with them to develop training schedules.
• Organizes and facilitates training workshops conducted by other program staff and participates in the training as required.
• Facilitates the training sessions conducted by Coach Trainers, evaluates them and reports to the PO.
• Handles equipment management and distribution in the assigned community.
• Handles advance payments and manages cash money used for the activity implementation.
• Follows up on how partners are spending budget received for project implementation in the location and verifies the accuracy of their financial reports and receipts and reports to the PO.
• Assesses needs for facility repairs and upgrades in the community, facilitates the authorized work and ensures that overall work has been completed in accordance with the approved standards.
Monitoring and reporting
• Conducts regular field visits with partners, Coach Trainers and Coaches to follow up and provide support as needed.
• Participates in workshops/training to partners, Coaches and Coach Trainers in the quantitative data collection tools and qualitative monitoring tools and ensures accurate and timely submission of quantitative and qualitative data to RTP team.
• Provides narrative, qualitative and quantitative monitoring information/data to support monthly, quarterly and annual reports to update Country and HQ on project progress.
• Submits financial reports related to activity implementation.
• Ensures partners and Coaches are in compliance with Child Safeguarding Policy.
Establish and maintain partnerships
• Identifies community needs, participates in the selection of communities and partners to be included in RTP program in the respective Field.
• Represents RTP in the project location and relevant forums and have regular consultations with local partners, stakeholders and key beneficiaries in the assigned community.
Supervision and guidance
• Conducts performance assessment of Coach Trainers and Coaches and recommends incentives based on the approved incentive criteria.
• In collaboration and consultation with partners, PO and the Training Officer implements a Coach Incentive system.
• In collaboration and consultation with partners identifies potential Coaches who can become Coach Trainers.
• Recommends Coach Trainers and Coaches for certification.
Planning and Organizing
• The incumbent is expected to plan his/her own work and to consult with the PO to ensure that the work plan is in line with the approved project work plan.
• The incumbent is also expected to coordinate the plan with partners.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, adult education or any related discipline.
• 2 years’ experience working in project implementation and facilitation part of which should have been in leading a team.
Competencies / Personal Attributes
• Ability to confidently represent oneself and Right To Play
• Effective planning and organizing skills
• Coaching and feedback skills
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong development and team building skills
• Understanding of adult education principles
• Computer literacy in outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Internet
• Effective report writing
• Understanding of a community-led process
• Understanding of the concept of sport for development
• Understanding of child rights and child protection
Excellent spoken and written English and local language(s)
Desired Qualifications (An Asset)
• Experience implementing a development program with local populations in both rural and urban settings
• Experience in training, leading workshops and teaching
• Personal sport and activity background with coaching experience
• Holds a valid driver’s license
The incumbent is expected to follow established work procedures and methods in dealing with work related problems. He/she needs to consult with the PO when dealing with unusual situations/problems.
The incumbent is expected to implement the project activities within the approved budget.
He/she may receive some advance payments and handle cash payments.
The incumbent is expected to generate/produce standard reports ensuring that the information in the reports are accurate and correct. He/she is expected to keep the information and data available in a safe location for the use of the PO, the Program Manager and other senior managers.
The incumbent is expected to introduce improvements to his/her own work as well as to the work done by Coaches and Coach Trainers using lessons learned from activity implementation.
The incumbent is expected to enhance relationships with partners as well as Coaches, and Coach Trainers. This relationship is critical to the success of the project implementation.
Location: Accra, Tamale and Keta
How to Apply
All applications should be sent through [email protected] • NOTE: THIS IS A GHANA COUNTRY OFFICE POSITION • All applicants indicate the location of choice in their application. The locations are Accra, Tamale, and Keta. • Please note this is a one year fixed Term Contract renewable. • This Position Is Based In Tamale – Ghana Closing Date: 29 February 2020
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED