CAMFED Ghana, a reputable NGO that works to promote girls’ education and provide opportunities to vulnerable girls and young women in Northern, Upper East, North East, Upper West, Savannah and Central regions, is seeking to recruit the following role:
Position: Programmes Officer
Reporting to: Senior Programmes Officer
Office location: Accra
Areas of operation: Northern, Savannah, North East, Upper West, Upper East, Bono East, Ashanti, Greater Accra, Western and Central regions of Ghana.
Contract terms: Two (2) years contract subject to renewal
Travels: Significant travels will be required
Job officer: Competitive compensation package ( depending on qualification and experience)
Under the direction of the Programmes Manager and reporting through the Senior Programme Officer, the Programme Officer will be responsible for supporting the effective planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of programs targeted at enabling young women to transition from school to entrepreneurship and transformative leadership, among others.
The Programme Officer is also responsible for direct supervision of District Programme Officers and Core Trainers in selected operational districts to ensure that the quality, measurable and cost-effective deliverable is achieved within a stipulated time frame and in compliance with donor requirements, policies and procedures; team motivation and capacity building; building and managing strategic relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. traditional authorities, relevant government institutions, tertiary institutions, NGOs, Financial institutions (FIs) vendors/suppliers, donors at the regional and district level).
The titleholder will also be responsible for building collaboration with schools, institutions, and communities.
To be considered for this role, applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Minimum of a degree in project management, development studies, social sciences, humanities or related field from a recognised tertiary institution is preferred.
* Minimum of 5 years demonstrable working experience in the same or similar position in the NGO sector or a similar field is desirable.
* A good knowledge of enterprise development and loan management will be an added advantage.
Fast learner, ability to work effectively under pressure and in a fast-paced environment is required.
* Self-reliant, good problem solver, results-oriented and eye for details.
* Energetic, flexible, collaborative, proactive and a team player.
* Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to effectively interface with stakeholders, is preferred.
* A highly motivated person with the highest level of integrity.
* Proficiency in MS office suite ( Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and ability to self-type is a must.
How to Apply
Apply online by uploading your current CV with at least two references ( not more than 2 pages), cover letter ( not more than 1 page), copy of the highest educational certificate and copy of national service completion certificate.
Address cover letter to:
The HR Team, CAMFED Ghana, East Legon, Accra.
State Position as subject of the email.
Closing Date: COB on November 29, 2019.
Please note – ONLY shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED