APPLY || African Development Bank vacancies for Fragility and Resilience Assistant
The Fragility and Resilience Assistant is required to work with a high degree of tact and sensitivity for confidential and strategic issues. The incumbent will be required to support the Department on its work related to fragility and resilience. Specific tasks would include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide a wide range of assistance to the Fragility and Resilience Team in implementing its work program.
- Act as focal point for the Department and follow up on matters relating to dissemination of the Bank’s work on Fragility and Resilience.
- Maintain records of the Department’s activities.
- Perform any other duties reasonably requested by management.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support the analytical work undertaken by the Fragility and Resilience Team;
- Support the experts in discussions and negotiations with potential partners in order to foster business relationships with the Bank;
- Provide support in the management of the Transition States Coordination Office webpage and share drive and contribute to the dissemination of reports related to the Bank’s activities in addressing fragility and building resilience;
- Participate in the preparation of multiple events involving RDTS and support in the organization and coordination of meetings with other departments and complexes and with external clients and partners;
- Assist with the procurement of services and supplies for events through requests for quotations and their assessment;
- Perform any other reasonably justified task requested by management.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or BAC+4 or Maîtrise in Administration, Project Management or other related disciplines;
- Have a minimum of four (4) years of experience in a relevant area;
- Good planning skills, with excellent levels of initiative, organization and leadership.
- Communication and Intercultural sensitivity;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Client orientation;
- Team work;
- Ability to understand and follow instructions from Management;
- Ability to provide support to Management and Task Managers;
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Access and Power Point); knowledge of SAP;
- Organizational skills, ability to multitask, and attention to detail;
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, with a working knowledge of the other language
MODE OF APPLICATION
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED