March 19th, 2020 at 03:06 pm
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Transport Control Clerk.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Transport Control Clerk is accountable for the development and coordination of the work roster of drivers and the fleet movement schedule for travels to and from airport and pick up arrangements in Obuasi, Kumasi and Accra through the application of operational policies, standards, processes and procedures to maximize plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Gather information for the Superintendent HME/LV & Trucks for reporting performance
- Produce the work roster and driver schedule for all transport and the fleet movement schedule for travels to and from airport and pick up arrangements in Obuasi, Kumasi and Accra
- Conduct periodic audits of all vehicle and driver documentation to verify compliance with all regulations
- Organize information for the Transport Officer and the Superintendent HME/LV & Trucks to develop condition monitoring equipment checks;
- Ensure all pre-start checks are being carried out and check sheets completed and entered into document review, that all anomalies and issues are being correctly escalated for repair and maintenance
- Ensure all vehicles are programmed and maintained in accordance with OEM requirements to maintain asset value
- Monitor general physical condition of plant assets and report
- Monitor preventive and corrective actions as necessary;
- Generate work requests in SAP as required for vehicle maintenance planning and scheduling
- Ensure routine condition monitoring tasks are performed on all the rotating equipment by data collection, example oil analysis for engine and transmission, according to the established schedules and also as required by AGAG instructions
- Gather information on vibration & other data reported and collected in order to diagnose / troubleshoot rotating machinery problems.
- Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
- Execute work in a timely manner; coordinate document and transport work to time plan, escalate real or potential delays
- Monitor equipment performance on asset health system and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of MET I Certificate
- Valid Driver’s License
- Completed apprenticeship with certificate from recognized authority (example, City and Guilds), or equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience in transport environment
- An experienced document control official, with experience of mine vehicle permits, operator permits and compliance
- Knowledge of SAP PM Module
- Knowledge of DVLA modules
- Strong document control competencies in mining environment
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to work
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Consistent with the company values
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers.
- Able to work different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once.
HOW T APPLY
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should:
CLOSING DATE: 25TH MARCH, 2020.
NOTE: You will not be asked to pay any money for this application. If anyone contacts you requesting money for inclusion in an application process, then please block & report them. A legitimate application process should never require you to pay to apply.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED