Accountant Vacancy at Regional Advisory Information and Network Systems
RAINS is seeking self motivated individuals to join our team to implement its component of a consortium project titled ‘Pathways for Sustainable Employment’ (PASEWAY) led by Plan International Ghana and funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The project will provide innovative and job readiness skills necessary to create employment opportunities for youth (15-35 years) in the construction sector.
- Position Title: Accountant
- Reports to: Financial Controller
- Employment Status: Full Time Position/3 years
- Location: Tamale
Summary of Position
The Accountant will be responsible primarily for the budgetary control and management of the project to ensure effective and efficient utilization of resources in line with the financial management policies and procedures of RAINS and project agreements.
- Ensure that project transactions are reviewed and correctly entered into Quick-books on timely basis;
- Provide monthly, quarterly, year-end and other grants financial reports and analyses as per required instructions for management decisions making;
- Ensure proper filing (electronic and hard copy) of grants financial reports;
- Assists the Project Management in the preparation of quarterly and year-end financial schedules of the project;
- Consolidate monthly project budget and Financial Report;
- Maintain a budgetary control system to monitor grant budget vs. Expenditure and advise management on variances and corrective actions required to be taken;
- Ensure compliance with best practices and donor specific requirements by partners/Sub-grantees.
- Analyse project balance especially expenses account after closure and effect the necessary corrections with the support of the Financial Controller and Project Coordinator
Required Skills or Experience
- A Bachelors degree in Accounting or Commerce/HND in Accountancy
- CA (Ghana) or ACCA part 2
- At least three years previous work experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of Financial Accounting software would be an added advantage
For details of job descriptions of positions, interested applicants should send their request to:
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should present their curriculum vitae (not more than three pages) with a cover letter (not more than one page), copies of relevant educational certificates and copy of national service completion certificate. The application should include two referees with the position applied for referenced in the subject.
Closing Date: 24th January 2020
RAINS is an equal opportunities employer and commits to safeguarding children and vulnerable people.
Applicants should note that only shortlisted applicants would be contacted ?
Females are encouraged to apply.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED