5 YEARS UK FREE WORK VISA FOR FRESHER | UK HEALTH CARE WORKER VISA | UK WORK VISA
Are you concerned about the future of Care Workers interested in migrating to the UK? Read carefully the available options available for interested individuals.
The UK Home Office added a new category of Care Workers to the UK Shortage Occupation List on 24 December 2021 under Soc Code 6145 care Workers and Home Carers. As a result, Care Workers from different countries have the option of applying for a skilled Worker Health and Care Visa. This has a time limit of one year starting from 15 February 2022.
Now the only question asked is what happens to the Care Workers after 15 February 2023. The Home Office has no answer to this question made. However, it seems that the Soc Code 6145 will continue to be a part of the Shortage Occupation List. This is because there is an alarming shortage of Care Workers in the UK.
MAC Reviews the Adult Social Care in the UK
The Migration Advisory Committee (MAC) Review of Adult Social Care in the UK was published in April 2022. MAC is an independent entity that is sponsored by the Home Office. It is responsible for advising the UK government on a variety of migration problems in.2023.
As per the report issued by MAC in April 2022, the social care sector in the UK is going through a hard time because it is unable to meet the rising demand for social care services.
The country is facing workforce shortages and budgetary limitations in the social care sector. Needless to say, these problems have escalated even more because of the pandemic. According to MAC’s prediction, the social care sector is going to need an additional 236,000 FTEs in the next 11 years to fulfill the rapidly growing demand for social care services.
Recommendations of MAC on the Health & Care Visa
MAC’s review of the Adult care Sector pointed towards severe staff shortages, compelling the committee to make the following recommendations concerning the Health and Care Work Visa to the UK Home Office;
- First and foremost, MAC recommends the UK government launched a fully-funded minimum rate of pay program for care workers in the UK. This will, however, fund through public funds and will be the National Living Wages. MAC recommends starting this program at a minimum of £10.50 per hour, which should hold right away.
- Next, MAC also recommends that social care workers get paid for all the hours spent at work, even if they spend that time sleeping or traveling.
They also recommend the exemption of Health and Care Work Visas from the Immigration Skills Charge.
- Additionally, the recommendation of keeping the existing salary threshold for the Health and Care Work Visa at the same level put forward.
- Moreover, workers on Health and Care Work Visa who complete 5 years in nursing or caring jobs, should enjoy a complete settlement fee waiver. or an amount higher than processing the cost of a unit.
- It further recommends the review of the application fees of all types. This is to make sure everyone finds it affordable, including those with middle and low incomes
MAC also recommended that the Health and Care Work Visa should become a permanent option. Thus, for eligible care workers instead of having n expiry date
- Furthermore, MAC has asked the government to let care workers stay on the Shortage Occupation List till the next review published with more recommendations
The Government can also launch a pilot umbrella scheme in which sponsorships offered to international care workers.
To stay up to date on the newest job openings in Canada, as well as learn about work visa requirements, visit Newsnowgh.com
- DV 2025 START DATE | HOW TO INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING THE US DV LOTTERY 2025
- UK’S NEW TRAVEL SCHEME FROM OCTOBER 2023, UK TRAVEL UPDATE 2023
- TOP 20 JOBS IN AUSTRALIA WITH FREE VISA SPONSORSHIP IN 2023 | 100,000+ VACANCIES! INSTANT APPROVAL
- BEST 20 JOBS IN CANADA WITH FREE VISA SPONSORSHIP IN 2023 | WITH EASY APPLICATION AND QUICK APPROVAL
- VERY URGENT! MOVE TO NEW ZEALAND FOR FREE: ALL EXPENSES PAID
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED