World Resources Institute
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean.
We are passionate. We value our diversity of interests, skills and backgrounds. We have a flexible work environment. And we share a common goal to catalyze change that will improve the lives of people. Our shared ideals are at the core of our approach. They include: integrity, innovation, urgency, independence and respect.
POSITION: RESEARCH ANALYST II
In this role, you will provide administrative, project coordination and research support to ongoing sustainable transport programs in Accra and Kumasi on projects related to road safety, urban development and planning, public transport, non-motorized transport and urban design.
Your responsibilities will range from organizing events, workshops, staff visits, and external meetings, as well as research or project support as needed and as time permits. You will have the opportunity to partner with and learn from sustainable mobility and urban development experts and key stakeholders around the world.
- Support coordination of activities of WRI Africa’s Cities program including support to the cities program manager and cities project manager on implementation of the annual work plan, reporting and budgeting
- Collaborate with city governments’, local partners and WRI staff globally to advance the WRI Africa Cities Program
- Organize internal and external conferences, meetings, events and other activities related to sustainable mobility, road safety and innovative mobility solutions
- Manage day-to-day research and project implementation including to prepare work plans, follow up on project implementation and prepare of progress reports among others
- Help coordinate visits of international staff to Ghana and other travel activity of partners
- Process and execute project commitments through contracts, purchase orders etc.
Research & Knowledge
- Provide technical support on projects related to road safety and innovative mobility solutions to city governments’, local partners including academic institutions and non-governmental organizations and community groups
- Conduct research on public transport mapping, sustainable and innovative mobility solutions, and road safety issues related to projects of WRI Africa
- Identify tools and applications that would be useful for transport planning and development of innovative mobility solutions that improve overall mobility and find potential links with local universities or other organizations
- Support WRI Africa Cities program activities,particularly in Ghana on sustainable urban mobility, road safety, complete streets, accessibility, public transport and paratransit network mapping, integrated transport planning, and air quality
- Provide content for WRI communications activities, including blogs, newsletters and the WRI Africa website
- Support development of reports to city governments, funders and others on WRI activities
- Prepare presentations and written and graphic content to presentations and reports
Grants and Financial Management
- Coordinate project funding and budgets, support for draft grant proposals
- Prepare and send donor and project/grant status reports
- Bachelor’s degree in related field such as transport planning/engineering, urban/regional planning or design with a focus on transportation
- Minimum two years of experience related to sustainable urban mobility – urban public transport and innovation, road safety, non-motorized transport or sustainable cities
- Demonstrated understanding of institutions and government agencies in Ghana and the larger African region. Local and/or regional experience is highly desirable
- Proven track record in project coordination including activities such as event logistics, budgets and communications
- Fluency in written and verbal English; additional fluency in Akan or other local dialects is also preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work well in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams, juggle multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, results oriented non-profit environment
- Detail-oriented, organized and independent thinker
- Clear and effective communication skills
The role is based remotely in Accra. Candidates must have the right to legally work in the Ghana to be eligible for the position.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter with resume. Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities works to make urban sustainability a reality. Global research and on-the-ground experience combine to spur action that improves life for millions of people. Aiming to influence 200 cities with unique research and tools, WRI Sustainable Cities focuses on a deep cross-sector approach in four mega-cities on two continents, and targeted assistance to 30 more urban areas, bringing economic, environmental and social benefits to people in cities around the globe. The urban mobility program of WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities works in key solution areas including: sustainable integrated public transport, road safety, walking & bicycling, new mobility, transport demand management, mobility planning and accessibility.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED