The United Nations World Food Programme is the winner of the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize. WFP is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
WFP provides support to vulnerable populations (pregnant and lactating women, adolescent girls and children 6-23 months) by encouraging them to attend health and nutrition services, in addition to electronic vouchers for specialized nutritious foods. These beneficiaries are managed in a corporate platform called SCOPE. Beneficiary data is updated in SCOPE monthly, and electronic vouchers sent to qualified beneficiaries’ electronic voucher cards for them to redeem at a designated retail shop closer to the facilities where they attend health services.
Promotion for consumption of nutritious foods is also carried out through Social and Behaviour Change Communication (SBCC).
Under the direct supervision of the Tamale Sub-Office Nutritionist, the UN Youth Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Assist in managing beneficiary data in SCOPE (updating beneficiary information, manual re-enrolment and other related functions)
- Provide support to the nutrition unit in carrying out demand creation for locally available and fortified nutritious foods.
- Any other duties as determined by supervisor
- 0 years of experience in Demonstrated interest and/or experience (up to 2 years) in Nutrition/Public Health/Social Sciences/Community Development.
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of an-other culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded
- Knowledge or interest in managing beneficiary data with the use of a software application.
Area(s) of expertise
Health, Development programmes
English, Level: Fluent, Required
Required education level
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Nutrition/Public Health/Social Sciences/Community Development.
Competencies and values
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Commitment and Motivation
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Ethics and Values
- Knowledge Sharing
- Respect for Diversity
- Technological Awareness
- Working in Teams
Closing Date : 2nd April. 2022
- Job Vacancy At GRO Oilfield Alliance Ghana
- IOM Latest Employment Opportunity
- Investment Management Company Latest Job Vacancy Available
- Holy Child College Of Education Invites Job Applications
- Office Of The Senior Presidential Advisor Invites Job Applications
- FHI 360 New Job Vacancies Available
- Exciting Employment Opportunities at Educational Institution
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED