World Bank Latest Job Advertisement
Job Title: Senior Counsel
Do you want to have a job that really matters? If you work for the World Bank Group, you will have a unique chance to help our clients solve their biggest economic problems. The World Bank Group is one of the biggest places where developing countries can get money and information. It is a unique worldwide partnership of five institutions that work together to end extreme poverty, increase shared prosperity, and promote sustainable development.
We have 189 member countries and more than 120 offices around the world. Together with our public and private sector partners, we invest in innovative projects and use data, research, and technology to find answers to the world’s most pressing problems. Visit www.worldbank.org to find out more.
Under the direction of the Senior Vice President and Group General Counsel, the Legal Vice Presidency (LEGVP) is in charge of giving legal help to both internal and external clients of the World Bank on operational, advisory, and corporate issues. LEGVP gives the World Bank the legal services it needs and is involved in everything the World Bank does.
LEGVP also helps make sure that all actions of the World Bank are in line with the institution’s Articles of Agreement and operational policies and procedures. Organizationally, LEGVP is made up of regional Operational Practice Groups that focus on the legal and policy aspects of the World Bank’s lending operations, Policy and Advisory Practice Groups that give advice on operations policy, environmental and international law, and development finance, and Corporate Practice Groups that give advice on corporate finance, administrative and institutional issues.
- The Senior Counsel will be the main legal advisor for one or more corporate clients of the World Bank. At least some of the following areas of duty will fall on the Senior Counsel:
- Cover a wide range of tasks within a functional area and give management and staff advice based on risk about legal and policy problems in one or more areas of focus.
- Draft, review, negotiate, and finalize legal papers and financing agreements.
- Deliver legal work on projects, programs, and other transactions for clients by giving advice on problems with higher risk profiles and more complex areas.
- Supervise and guide counsel, Associate Counsels, Legal Analysts, and Paralegals, as well as train and give advice to them so that knowledge and skills are effectively transferred.
- Develop new ways of doing things and tell your friends about the best ones.
- Develop products based on your knowledge and handle jobs on your own and as a leader of a group of colleagues.
- Handle problems in a specialized area to help clients come up with answers.Protect the interests of the World Bank Group and help it reach its goals and ideals.
- Write and review policy papers, do legal studies on topics in your area of focus, and help spread policy and best practices in a given field.
- As needed, prepare legal briefs on a wide range of subjects.
- Having the ability to fill in as a boss when needed.
- Work to move forward the LEG VPU’s plan for managing information and using technology, and Do random tasks that the boss asks you to do.
- The post of Senior Counsel will be based in Accra, Ghana, for 3 years. The person who gets the job will have to be ready and able to travel to all of Africa and the Middle East.
Criteria for choosing
- You need an LLM degree, a J.D. or something similar, at least eight years of experience in the field, and admission to the Bar (or something similar) in at least one jurisdiction.
- You must be able to speak and write English very well. More languages (French or Portuguese are best, but Arabic is also good).
- Experience working continuously in a reputable private law firm, a foreign financial organization, or a government agency is a big plus.
General Competencies Required
- Excellent skills in researching, writing, creating, analyzing, and talking about the law.
- Excellent conversational skills.
- Experience with foreign, commercial, or contract law, transactional legal work, or preparing and negotiating legal agreements.
- Excellent writing skills in the legal field, including the ability to write agreements, legal memos, and/or well-reasoned court pleadings, as well as the ability to make convincing oral cases when needed.
- Familiarity with how to use different databases and legal study sources, such as those on the internet.
- Proven ability to work well on one or more teams; must be self-motivated and work well with others; must be able to use good judgment to know which problems to bring to the attention of the Chief Counsel and/or another supervising Counsel and which to handle on their own.
- Proven ability to work with people of different cultures and backgrounds in a sensitive way and to build good working relationships with clients and coworkers.
- Ability to manage local counsel and work with them in a team-based and friendly way; and
- Ability to work quickly and handle many jobs at once under tight deadlines.
How to Apply for this World Bank Latest Job Advertisement
Closing Date: 30th April 2023
Also, For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- Firstly, Newmont Mining Corporation Latest Job Offer
- Secondly, New Job Vacancy at Serendipalm Co. Ltd.
- Thirdly, Job Vacancy at Food and Agriculture Organization
- Then, Abt Associates Calls For Job Applications
- Also, New Job Advertisement at Old Mutual
- Moreover, Job Opening at International Cocoa Initiative (ICI)
- Additionally, AirtelTigo Latest Job Recruitment Announcement
- More so, Chirano Gold Mines Limited Job Opportunities
- Afterward, Norsaac Calls For Job Applications
- Lastly, ABS Bureau New Job Announcement
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED