- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Oil and Gas Jobs in Ghana
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Winder CIC Supervisor.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Winder CIC Supervisor is accountable for monitoring and control of quality of winder CIC Technicians and the winding equipment to ensure the operation is at all times compliant, safe, in accordance with operational and Engineering policies, standards, systems and procedures to maximize plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety.
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan.
- Gather information for the CIC Superintendent – Underground for reporting performance.
- Coordinate all Winder Instrumentation refurbishment, later maintenance
- Control and verify correctness of all work carried out on the Safe Wind System installation
- Conduct reviews of the refurbishment, later maintenance, of the Winder Instrumentation equipment to identify actions for continuous improvement
- Assist the CIC Superintendent – Underground to develop condition monitoring routes and checks for correct functioning equipment;
- Execute Winder Instrumentation refurbishment, later maintenance, work and carry out checks on a routine scheduled basis. This include visual checks, electrical integrity checks, verification of output within calibration and specification;
- Analyse and trend predictive maintenance data (vibration, IR, etc) to determine plant condition and report this condition for action;
- Monitor general physical condition of Winder Instrumentation assets and report
- Monitor preventive and corrective actions as necessary
- Generate work requests in SAP as required for refurbishment/maintenance planning and scheduling
- Ensure routine condition monitoring tasks are performed on all the rotating equipment by data collection using advanced portable data collectors and other tools according to the established schedules and also as per the plant requirements.
- Gather information on vibration & other data collected in order to diagnose / troubleshoot rotating machinery problems.
- Actively participate in maintenance review programmes and Root Cause Failure Analysis process of Winder Instrumentation equipment as per requirements.
- Identify, communicate, and escalate potential cost reduction initiatives.
- Propose cost savings projects.
- Execute work in a timely manner; coordinate refurbishment work and contractors to time plan, escalate real or potential delays.
- Monitor equipment performance on asset health system and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Electronics/Communications, Instrumentation and Controls, or equivalent
- An experienced electronics/instrumentation maintenance Supervisor with 7+ years’ experience in, preferably, Winding Instrumentation, and Mine Infrastructure environment
- In-depth knowledge of Safe Wind Systems
- Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC)
- Experience in Project Management
- Knowledge of SAP PM Module.
- Must possess Sectional Engineer’s Certificate of Competency from Mineral Commission of Ghana.
- Professional Certificated Supervisor with a relevant certification body.
- Essential: In-depth knowledge of Safe Wind Systems
- Strong Instrumentation/ electronics maintenance competencies in mining and/or processing environment
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge in AGA standards
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good Supervising practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
- Able to work different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED