What are the key elements of good governance?
Governance refers to structures and processes that are planned to ensure accountability, transparency, responsiveness, rule of law, stability, equity and inclusiveness, empowerment, and participation. In other words, it is the way by which the conduct of public institutions is measured.
ELEMENTS OF GOOD GOVERNANCE
Governance needs to have some characteristics or indicators to make it good. Good governance is characterized by transparency, participation, rule of law, accountability, and other features.
1 . Participation
Good governance requires the perspective of everyone in decision-making either directly or through the use of intermediary institutions like the parliament. When the decisions of government are made without diverse perspectives or opinions, it results in a groupthink.
Participation should involve hearing the voices of both men and women in decision-making. It should be built on freedom of association and speech as well as being capable of participating constructively.
2 . Accountability
A good government is one that is obliged to offer an explanation for its actions and conduct. Decision-makers in our civil societies, government, and private sectors are accountable to the public as well as the major stakeholders. Apart from it being a measure of good governance, it allows for decisions to be made faster and issues addressed to the right people in the appropriate manner.
3 . Rule of law
Another important element of good governance is the rule of law. This refers to a legal framework that is fair to enforce the laws in society. It ensures that there is impartiality which helps to protect the right of individuals. Especially, those that are marginalized in society. The rule of law is characterised by an independent judicial system and an incorruptible police force.
4 . Transparency
A good governance needs to be transparent in the delivery of fair service to the citizens. Transparency is built on individuals having easy access to information regarding various policies and their implementation.
5 . Equity and inclusiveness
All men and women should be given the opportunity to maintain their well-being. The well-being of a society depends on how its members feel about it. The members should be given the chance to feel that they have a stake in it.
6 . Effectiveness and Efficiency
This element of good governance ensures that the outcome of institutions meets the needs of society. It also ensures the sustainable use of natural resources for the protection of the environment.
IMPORTANCE OF GOOD GOVERNANCE
- Good governance ensures that there is economic development. The elements of economic development are when production, distribution, investment, and even consumption are not faced with any challenges.
- Also, good governance ensures there is social development. This means that every class of individuals in society enjoys fairness.
- Last but not least, it ensures political development.
In conclusion, good governance is the efficient management of states, society, and its resources.
Also, for More Interesting Articles, CLICK HERE
- Top 5 African Countries with the Best Education Systems
- HOW TO GET A UK VISA IN GHANA
- What You Need To Know When Starting A Business
- What You Need To Know When Buying A Car
- How Do I Get Rid Of The White Stuff On My Tongue
- Get Rid Of Vagina Odour Immediately
- HOW TO PREPARE PIZZA FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
- HOW DO I KNOW MY BLOOD GROUP
- KNOW WHY YOU SHOULD NOT MARRY PEOPLE WITH CERTAIN BLOOD GROUPS
- How Can I Stop White Discharge and Itching Naturally
- How to stop menstrual pains fast at home
- What Are the Symptoms & Signs of Gonorrhea and Syphilis?
- How can I stop the pain when I urinate?
- How can I stop sperm from coming early?
- Apply for Police Clearance Certificate in Ghana
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED